Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're gonna like this - from Reading site

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Wilts said:
We'd get 30k+ in the Prem too, when the ground is expanded :p

I no for a fact that if we was near the top of the 1st wilts we would get 20k+ no probs.

The premiership will always mean sell outs for most clubs,but big crowds in the 1st,2nd and 3rd show potential although its a dead subject for us at the mo:(

Now you have been close recently and playing big games yet you can't feel your ground and mid-week games are very low for reading.

Not that you haven't come far as you have,but you haven't got the potential you thought you have.:clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What I love about all these Reading fans is that they are all adamant Pardew was poached.

Show me one tiny bit of proof that says West Ham made an illegal approach. Fuckwit Madjeski was the one who publicised the WH bid and proposed salary, not WHUFC. Knight knows even if he did deny Reading permission Coppell could just resign anyway, like Pardew did, perfectly legitimately according to the laws of the country.

And as for the crap about a clause in Coppell's contract, THERE IS NO SUCH CLAUSE, YOU NUMPTIES, so stop trying to ease your consciences that way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Er...he was quoted in almost every paper saying how outrageous it was that he was being offered 3 times his Reading salary to join WHU.

I have no sympathy with Reading, I don't like West Ham either, but if they had done anything against the rules the FA would be on to them straight away. Or RFC could have had them in court, which they didn't.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The only thing that is bigger about Reading is their stadium and their chairmans wallet.

In terms of catchment area, ours is much bigger with at least a 50 mile radius around our location, which potentially (with the right facilities) makes us the bigger club.

Here endeth the sermon!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't be doing with the "who's a bigger club" arguments, they go on forever. At the moment, Reading have a better ground, decent training facilities and a squad in the Div 1 play off zone.

Can't argue with that, but it's just annoying that another manager who wasn't doing anything uses us to get back on the ladder, despite knowing the working conditions when he started.

And the fact that it's Reading, possibly one of the world's most annoying football clubs, who have continually pissed us off ever since we beat them to the 2nd Division title two years ago.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Platypuss said:
Show me where Madejski publicised the "proposed" salary.

Put-up or shut-up time.

who gives a toss about correct contractual procedures etc etc .
Madejski blurted out-loud to the nation that he was disgusted with the whole poaching palava.
Now he does the same

Not asking you to 'put-up' just shut up

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
edna krabappel said:
I can't be doing with the "who's a bigger club" arguments, they go on forever. At the moment, Reading have a better ground, decent training facilities and a squad in the Div 1 play off zone.

Can't argue with that, but it's just annoying that another manager who wasn't doing anything uses us to get back on the ladder, despite knowing the working conditions when he started.

And the fact that it's Reading, possibly one of the world's most annoying football clubs, who have continually pissed us off ever since we beat them to the 2nd Division title two years ago.

Playoff zone not as they are in free fall and are not going up!:drink:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wilts said:
Portsmouth, Oxford, Swindon, Brighton, Wycombe, Brentford, West Ham all sold out within a day or so.

Swindon Brentford and Oxford FFS.

They're all fcuking near home games.

Sorry Wilts-must try harder 'cos you ain't convinced me.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
Swindon Brentford and Oxford FFS.

They're all fcuking near home games.

Sorry Wilts-must try harder 'cos you ain't convinced me.

OK... I'll put it another way. I am not trying to get "one up" on Brighton, and I hope its understood on the opposite side that Brighton are not "one up" on Reading. We are very similar sized places (Reading marginally bigger), and the catchment areas are similar (Brighton possibly bigger with the likes of Worthing/Littlehampton being quite big). We are very, very similar. Just that you've got a seafront, whereas we have the shopping-trolley-ridden River Thames ;)

Swindon, Brentford, and Oxford are all 30+ miles away. Close, yes.

7,000 to Wigan. How's that? 35,000+ to Cardiff? 5,000 to QPR? Highest attendance in Division Two for a club since Man City?

We're not big, but we're growing. Leicester had 15,000 crowds in the Premiership 5 years ago and now hit 30,000+ with their new ground. That's where we want to be, and Reading and Brighton can both make it.

I think as Edna puts it... "the arguments just go on forever". You argue one thing, I argue another, you then argue that yours is more relevant than mine, I argue that mine is more relevant than yours. You say that your proud of one aspect, I say I'm proud of another... its never ending!!! Basically neither club is bigger than the other...

The main crux of the argument is that our fans are genereally knobheads, whereas the BHA hospitality is damn good. :clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wilts, you're taking bollocks.

Fact is, Pardew got poached, Madjeski got all holier than thou "I'd never stitch anyone up", then the hypocritical fucker has done a 180 and totally f***ed our season.

Coppell signed a contract to stay here for the whole season. Now, cos of your **** of a chairman he's gone. We've been here before with 3 other managers,and we'll probably be here again, but one thing's clear - Madjeski is a ****!

If you needed proof, the wanker even named your stadium after himself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
If you needed proof, the wanker even named your stadium after himself.

That in itself shows him to be an egostistical wanker. Only a complete C*nt would name a football club's stadium after himself.

Don't even try Wilts there is no way you can justify that :D

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:15 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the reports I've seen, we have approached Brighton and the board agreed to let us speak to him. I have even seen that £100,00 compensation has been agreed.

Dick Kinght must be having a wank saying................Oh yes....OH YESSSSSSSSS, I've got the £100,000 back for what I've had to pay for leon Knight :censored:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Icy Gull said:
That in itself shows him to be an egostistical wanker. Only a complete C*nt would name a football club's stadium after himself.

Apart from which can you trust someone from eastern europe whose made his fortune pushing second-hand cars ???

Last edited:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Downloaded Penguin said:
I looked it up. Brighton & Hove really is bigger than Reading.

Population of Brighton & Hove: 247820

Population of Reading: 143124

Incorrect... the central borough of Reading is 143,000. The population of Reading suburbs put into other boroughs for "admin" purposes (similar to the East/West Sussex thing), is nearly 150,000 on its own. Reading as a town has a population of over 270,000.

Don't try to get me on facts dear Penguin ;)

P.S. Here's the link (has 220,000 down, and much less for Brighton). Its also the same website you got yours from, the National Statistics database. Hence the large catchment area for Brighton and larger population for Reading.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2001/1991_ua_top50.asp

Last edited:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Wilts said:
You'll find that most Reading fans sympathise with Brighton fans if Coppell is to leave. After having it happen to ourselves, we know how it feels...

Wilts - you know where you can stick those condesending comments.

Enjoy your 15 mins, you will be back down in D2 where you belong in a few years and we will be poaching your managers.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
GNF on Tour said:
Wilts said:
You'll find that most Reading fans sympathise with Brighton fans if Coppell is to leave. After having it happen to ourselves, we know how it feels...

Wilts - you know where you can stick those condesending comments.

Enjoy your 15 mins, you will be back down in D2 where you belong in a few years and we will be poaching your managers.

F*cking hell! :eek:

I'm hardly the type that just posts on here whenever there's an RFC thing going on that involves BHA :rolleyes:

I wrote after that the reasons why, GNF, so I don't expect you to think that its condecending. People on here know how much I like your club... and I won't let the occasional comments like that stop me.

My club is just being an arse at the moment, screwing over the same club again and again. I hardly want to argue the "size of places" between the two of us, but have stressed all along the similarities between the clubs. Not condescending at all... in fact I've been backing up BHA nearly all of the time. Most posters on here that I've met know exactly how much I despise Reading FC fans. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here