Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst Albion XI of all time ??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's bear in mind here that, to get in the Dutch team, Kuipers would have to be better than Edwin Van Der Sar (Man U Number 1) and Maarten Stekelenburg (AFC Ajax Number 1).

Hendo, however, would have to be seen as being better than Shay Given and/or Paddy Kenny in order to play for Ireland.

Basically, if Hendo was Dutch, he'd not be anywhere close to being an international.

As Shay Given is a significantly BETTER keeper than Van der Sar, I'm not sure I entirely follow your point Steve.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How the blinking flip can we get to the 3rd page of an all time worst XI thread without once mentioning Andy Ansah?!!

He was one of the worst players in the 97/98 Albion squad, which in my opinion was the weakest we ever had. We only survived the 3rd division that year because the Doncaster team were so bad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
England didn't start playig well in the last World Cup until the 2nd half against Wales in the QF.

don't ask me why this has posted in this thread!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
How can we get to the blinking 3rd page of a thread of an all-time worst Albion XI without someone mentioning David Adekola and Christer Warren, the worst strike partnership in our history? ???

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Anyone failing to mention Farrington, Les Berry and Ashley Neale simply couldn't have seen them play.

Are we selecting a hapless manager to run this team? - betting without Hinshelwood obviously

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Michael Mahony-Johnson, Mark Walton, Ashley Neale

Michael Mahogany-Drawers was comfortably rubbish, but Ashley Neale is still the worst player I've seen in about 15 years of Albion-watching.

Mark "free header!" Walton was alright for us when we were in the fourth division. Although I did shit myself every time he went up for a clearance -- even if he was successful about 75% of the time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm quite amazed we've got this far without Molango and/or Turienzo being mentioned (unless I'm being blind).

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This for me was a poor line-up. Steele,Cattlin,Lawrenson,Stevens,Wilson. O'Sullivan,Horton,Clark,Ryan. Mellor & Ward. :nono: :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here