Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Your wildest celebration for a goal?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This was definitely one of them...

This. Absolute LIMBS which felt a bit risky given that upper stand is steep. Passionately made love to about 5 men I've never met before nor will again.

It was the moment we KNEW.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This. Absolute LIMBS which felt a bit risky given that upper stand is steep. Passionately made love to about 5 men I've never met before nor will again.

It was the moment we KNEW.

Wondered who that fella was! I mean it was a big moment, but that was certainly an unexpected reaction to it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wondered who that fella was! I mean it was a big moment, but that was certainly an unexpected reaction to it

Mate, you know as well as any of us that you're not yourself in those moments. Things happen that can't be explained.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I still think that Skalak goal is the greatest one ever scored at the Amex.

Nah, this gets my vote for that accolade. It is a thing of beauty:

Disguised chip down the line
First time pass inside
Layoff
Perfect first time far post cross
Header back inside
Guy in blue t-shirt celebrating with arms aloft before Ulloa volleys it in
It was against them

I still get goose bumps watching it now.

NSFW with volume - a bit sweary :lolol:

[YT]AcFI8nNcZa0[/YT]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Mate, you know as well as any of us that you're not yourself in those moments. Things happen that can't be explained.

I was the one who was saying .... "but wait, you've got it wrong, I'm not ..... oh go on then"

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Can only be Hereford. I still think of that moment as the epitome of the joy football can bring. Hugged so many total strangers.

1 minute later I felt like garbage again :lol:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
McShane in the 79th. With my lads. Utter carnage. For about 8 minutes. Literally right next to the divide with riot police, it was up the other end of Arthur Wait stand back then. What a night.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Hereford would have been but we were in the seats on the sideline and for me the only way to go completely nuts was when we were able to stand. Top of that list for me was the late, great Paul McCarthy's goal for us when we scored our 3rd and drew 3-3 with Bournemouth at the Goldstone. Not a particularly critical goal or anything but we scored twice in injury time to draw that game. The North Stand went nuts. There used to be good footage of the goal available until the PL nazis took all those videos down.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I celebrate all important goals wildly. Had some great times in the north at the Goldstone ground. You cannot celebrate goals in seats like you can on a terrace.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Hereford 1997.

No other goal, no matter how spectacular or important since or in the future will come close to that.

From the pits of despair to absolute euphoria in a split second.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
6-7-8 months of misery, anxiety and dread at our position in the table, all released in one single mindblowing instant. Followed by probably the longest half an hour of my life, which culminated in a borderline heart attack at the end when their player got through on goal but shot straight at Ormerod.

That game took years off me I swear.

OMG! Almost forgot that moment. All he had to do was just lift it over the advancing keeper and he just seemed to dink it straight into his arms.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
OMG! Almost forgot that moment. All he had to do was just lift it over the advancing keeper and he just seemed to dink it straight into his arms.

Every time I watch that back I still think he is going to score! He was their top scorer at the time as well, Adrian Foster

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
For me it was Teddy Maybank's equaliser at Luton in 1979 in the season we first got promoted to the top division. I went so mad I nearly passed out. Does anyone have a video of that? The away terrace went berserk.

And of course Hereford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here