hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The Dubai vote goes to Mendoza.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This such an example of NSC BINNERY.

As fond as I am of Brett, some of the others are far better and are also trying to raise money for charity, not just pimp themselves into the local media.

No different from the look-at-me-ery of Matt Whistler.

The Marzipan Soldiers video is actually pretty good. As is the Simon Carol.

As someone who's never been to Brighton nor Sussex I have to say Mendoza's A Brighton Beautiful Christmas gives a great snap shot of average people from the town and the town itself getting into the Christmas spirit.

It's actually more endearing because it's a bit rough around the edges when compared to some of the others who have taken it a wee bit too serious.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I agree with WJ, although I'd go a step further and say that every single one of them is a serial attention seeker.

I voted for burt and stan because they're too young to know any better, hopefully one day they'll learn :thumbsup:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I agree with WJ, although I'd go a step further and say that every single one of them is a serial attention seeker.

I voted for burt and stan because they're too young to know any better, hopefully one day they'll learn :thumbsup:

Stop taking it so seriously. It's a poll on the argus website :facepalm:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The winner of The SusseX Factor has been revealed.

Brett Mendoza has stolen the crown as the county’s Christmas singing sensation for 2010.

Voting opened on Tuesday and last night the lines closed and the results can now be revealed.

With almost a third of the vote Mr Mendoza, 30, of Nevill Avenue, Hove, is basking in the glory of being named Sussex’s Matt Cardle.

His song, A Brighton Beautiful Christmas, involved 50 other people, including staff at the Duke of Wellington pub, The Argus Appeal’s Santa Claus, Albion cheerleaders and Brett’s girlfriend Katie Major, 25, singing snippets of Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody.

The video, the first he has ever made, was shot in various spots around the city including the beach and the Pavilion ice rink.

Brett won 28.99% of the vote just ahead of Matt Whistler, 38, with 23.4%.

In third place were duo The Marzipan Soldiers, from Lewes Road, Brighton, with 21.77%, fourth was ten-year-old Bert Atkinson with his seven-year-old brother Stan with their song Ringing Out The Bells.

SusseX Factor is now closed until Christmas 2011.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done Brett XX

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here