Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your views please: The new GOSBTS

What do you think of the new GOSBTS?

• Bloody awful. Please NEVER play it again!

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Not my cup of tea, maybe play it after the game, when we've won!

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • It'll never replace the old one, but I like it. Second half, as the lads run out.

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • Love it! It really lifts the atmosphere. Forget the traditionalists! It's brilliant!

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Kev the Ape said:
Scrap it, its crap its worse then that barbie song. :nono:

You're worse than that barbie song. Much, much worse.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Just got back from a good gig in Liverpool - a few Scousers'll buy TH now!

Interestingly diverse views on GOSBTS. Couldn't really expect anything else really! For those who don't like it, don't worry, you won't hear much of it at Withdean and I'm pleased that most people seem to like Tom Hark, which is ultimately the point of the whole exercise! For those who like the new GOSBTS
I can assure you you'll like it even more when you hear it on a decent stereo system. As for the 'watery' comment - I tried it with all systems go brass all the way through, it seemed better with the emphasis in the chorus...

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Why not play just the chorus (or two) of the new one when we score a goal ?

That would be very Brighton, very UNIQUE, and not like the crap that gets played at other clubs.

Who knows, it might just generate a bit more atmosphere at Withdean...

Last edited:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Why can't they play the old GOSBTS?

They haven't done a new 'Never Walk Alone' or the Hunting Call (or whatever it's called) at Leicester or Peterborough, so why change ours...

It may sound good for some 45 year old SKA music fans, but not many younger fans (and older fans), who liked it as it was.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Anyone leaving early should be forced to listen to a hurdy-gurdy version!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kev the Ape said:
Scrap it, its crap its worse then that barbie song. :nono:

Must agree it is awful. I prefer the tune played by either The Band of the Grenadier Guards or The Royal Marines both brillianht renditions that make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and make you proud to come from Sussex.

Last edited:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
attila said:
Incidentally, if you think only 45 year olds like ska, get yourself down the Concorde when Capdown, Reel Big Fish or MU330 are playing!

Errr. WHO? No Thanks!

The issue which Attila doesn't particulary understand is that ska really isn't to everybodies taste, more to the extent than most other music genres.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Must agree it is awful. I prefer the tune played by either The Band of the Grenadier Guards or The Royal Marines both brillianht renditions that make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and make you proud to come from Sussex.

Both of which are available on CD somewhere...THIS is an exercise to generate some interest (and hopefully a bit of cash) at a crucial time. As Ive said on another thread-if you don't like it-buy it anyway-it's to get the song charted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here