Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your top 5 British musical artists of the moment

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It seems British music has had a major resurgence recently with some graet new acts covering all genres recieving much critical acclaim as well as support from the record buying public.

Who are YOUR top 5 acts right now??

Me? Well, here goes....

1) Super Furry Animals - Also have been, always will be, the boys are a cut above anything I've EVER heard.

2) The Streets - He's got his critics but I f***ing LOVE Micky Skinner, he's the mutts nuts.

3) Joss Stone - How this girl is only 16/17 is beyond me, Soul Sessions is one of the best albums I've bought in ages.

4) The Coral - Yup, yup, yup, liking them a lot I am.

5) Sam and Me - Coz they're my mates.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
4ft Fingers
My Deaf Audio (Southwick band)
Snuff
eeerrrr......uuummm.......thats it!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
1. the libertines
2. the ordinary boys
3. franz ferdinand. I have had their album for ages and it will be massive when it is out.
4. norman cook. Even if I am still waiting for a review copy of 'GOSBTS'.
5. Joss Stone.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
4ft Fingers
My Deaf Audio (Southwick band)
Snuff
eeerrrr......uuummm.......thats it!

I've seen My Deaf Audio (used to be called Tripswitch). My mate used to wrok with one of them and dj'd for them under the name DJ Fraud (because he wasn't very good at the time and couldn't scratch).

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
1) Million Dead, (just got me Concorde Ticket)
2) Funeral For A Friend, just can't put that LP down !!
3) Fony, always there or there abouts !!
4) [Spunge], off to see them Saturday getting a tad excited now, and their recent Centrefold cover is great !!
5) ???

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I've seen My Deaf Audio (used to be called Tripswitch). My mate used to wrok with one of them and dj'd for them under the name DJ Fraud (because he wasn't very good at the time and couldn't scratch).

Good mates of mine, currently touring in Italy, been following them since the Tripswitch days (some band up north threatened to sue them so they changed the name). Probably playing a festival in Denmark (i think) this summer of which I shall hopefully be attending!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

they were at the FreeButt last wednesday, did anyone see them there !!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
redland said:

2) Funeral For A Friend, just can't put that LP down !!

Erghh! Are you serious? I saw them twice recently supporting Maiden at Earls Court & in Dublin. They were very average and the lead singer has a bad attitude.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
good to see richie morris is listening to the right stuff..

1. the ordinary boys
2. razorlight
3. the libertines
4. the ordinary boys
5. hell is for heroes

get on it people

(and for anyone interested, the ordinary boys debut single 'maybe someday' performed superbly. it was ineligible for the chart but would've gone in at 24...):clap:

edit for richie morris: the ordinary boys are playing the adelphi on March 10th...

Last edited:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
5) Sam and Me - Coz they're my mates. [/B]

Theyre ****s who should be doing a mandatory life sentence for the pre-meditated murder of an English classic.

Mates or no mates you should disown them for this alone. Plus they cant sing for toffee and they sound like just another white boy wannabe black american soul singer without an once of class.

f*** EM. Shoot em. Stab em.

dranyam

Jul 18, 2003
Wallington
Snow Patrol
Simple Kid
Keane
The Delays
Client

...& I still play my David Devant & His Spirit Wife stuff, new LP imminent I hear

Sorry, that 's 6.......

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Roots Manuva
quality British MC with a fantastic sounding unique vocal flow and an ability to create original sounding tunes (check out 'Witness') that make you feel proud of the diversity Britian has bought to the "urban" music soundscape over the last decade

Quantic
______
lovin this Brighton's producers ability to produce some beautifully laid back grooves, which will sound even better by the seaside in the sun.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
the manics-they aint officially gone yet!
darkness
ummm then it gets tricky ohhh oasis!
classic brit-pop blur!
bugger....ummm..elton john!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here