Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Ticket Allocation System Is A Joke

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Your Ticket Allocation System Is A Joke

The Laughing Bluebird said:
The club keeps a record of every ticket it sells (home and away tickets) on its database. All season ticket holders and club members are allocated a 'fan number' at the start of each season, and in order to buy a ticket for an away game you have to quote those numbers and identify the fans concerned.

Maybe I'm missing something here. I still can not see how CCFC can record each match an individual season ticket holder has attended. Are you saying that although CCFC season tickets subscribers have paid up front for the season they have to apply for each home match ticket?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Waterhall Wizard said:
Withdean Stadium is not linked to a computer system and to install one in a temporary home would be a waste of money surely? Different story once a permanent stadium has been built.

I'm not sure if that is actually the case, WW. My club was in big financial trouble when it invested in its computer system. An IT expert mate of mine (Spurs season ticket holder as it happens!) was involved in the selection and installation of the system, and he said at the time that it was going to make ticket sales a much easier and cheaper process for the club.

The idea behind the computer system was to actually save money in the long term by cutting down on the number of staff needed for ticket sales and the costs of having them printed (the system prints its own tickets).

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
fans who stuff their money into the football club weather it palace cardiff brighton or liverpool must come first they are the life blood of the club i would be well pissed if someone got tickets for a big game if they were were not season ticket holders and i was and i got turned down

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I'm not sure if that is actually the case, WW. My club was in big financial trouble when it invested in its computer system. An IT expert mate of mine (Spurs season ticket holder as it happens!) was involved in the selection and installation of the system, and he said at the time that it was going to make ticket sales a much easier and cheaper process for the club.

The idea behind the computer system was to actually save money in the long term by cutting down on the number of staff needed for ticket sales and the costs of having them printed (the system prints its own tickets).

I mislead you without meaning to.

Tickets are issued via a computer system but that is from our ticket office. At the stadium ticket stubs are collected manually.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Waterhall Wizard said:
I mislead you without meaning to.

Tickets are issued via a computer system but that is from our ticket office. At the stadium ticket stubs are collected manually.

can you buy online?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Your Ticket Allocation System Is A Joke

Waterhall Wizard said:
Maybe I'm missing something here. I still can not see how CCFC can record each match an individual season ticket holder has attended. Are you saying that although CCFC season tickets subscribers have paid up front for the season they have to apply for each home match ticket?
Season ticket holders would be presumed to have attended every home game.

Home tickets sold to non season ticket holders will be recorded, as will anyone buying an away ticket.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Re: Re: Your Ticket Allocation System Is A Joke

Waterhall Wizard said:

No. What I mean is that the club records advanced home ticket sales to all fans. If you were to buy a CCFC home ticket today, the club would ask you for your fan number. If you didn't have one already, your details would be recorded and you would be issued one.

The main point of doing this is so that tickets can be allocated fairly for home cup matches. Priority in those cases would go to season ticket holders, followed by club members, followed by registered fans who have attended at least five home games, followed by registered fans who have attended at least three home games, etc.

This system was particularly useful for our play-off final. The club were not only able to allocate tickets for that on a strict priority basis, but it also meant that the ticket office wasn't inundated with applicants as soon as tickets went on sale. Season ticket holders had a few days to apply for theirs, then members could apply, and then registered fans could apply a few days later. It seemed to work very well.

I should point out that you can still pay on the day for most games at Ninian Park, and fans who pay at the turnstiles aren't recorded. But the club offers discounts of a couple of quid to fans who buy tickets in advance, so most people do it that way.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Waterhall Wizard said:

Same here. Tickets are issued by the ticket office computer system, ticket stubs are collected at the gates.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Thank you for penetrating this alcohol affected excuse for a brain LB and FATBOY.

To both of you I offer the compliments of the season and I'm unanimous in that. (but what salt and pepper have got to do with bloody Christmas I never have found out)

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Waterhall Wizard said:
but what salt and pepper have got to do with bloody Christmas I never have found out)

Perhaps it makes you make bad jokes? :jester: :D

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Waterhall Wizard said:
There's plenty more from where that came from.

Don't.

I told someone that she had given me the wrong Christmas present earlier because it had Noel on the wrapping paper and my name is Andy. :jester:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
fatboy said:
Don't.

I told someone that she had given me the wrong Christmas present earlier because it had Noel on the wrapping paper and my name is Andy. :jester:

how you no i going to write that or somethink. scarious.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
fourthteamtillidie said:
i thought that was quite constructive actually- will some people on this board ever listen to reason before blundering in with their size twelves!

Size nines actually. So childish humour is banned now is it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Waterhall Wizard said:
How do you mean? Withdean Stadium is not linked to a computer system and to install one in a temporary home would be a waste of money surely? Different story once a permanent stadium has been built.

There is a system installed at Withdean of whatever type and size I do not know. What I do know is that if you leave your ticket at home and go to the collection point at Withdean they will print out a duplicate ticket on deposit of £20 which you are refunded when you send back your original ticket.

Before anybody says you cannot go and say you have left a ticket at home pay your £20 and get in to the game and forget to claim the money back.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
saafend_seagull said:
why were you only given such a small allocation?

That's because there would be a serious risk of widespread social disorder if we were allowed to travel around the country like normal football fans. Obviously. And, let's face it, Cardiff City fans are not normal football fans at all. In fact, we are so frighteningly dangerous that we are only allowed to travel to places like Leeds under armed guard.

Us Welsh hooligans are permitted to travel to Elland Road on 15th January only if we go there on official coaches, organised by the club in conjunction with the Yorkshire Police. We will be handed our match tickets by the police at a service station around eight miles outside Leeds. Unless we have arrived at the rendevous by official means we will not be given match tickets, even if we have valid vouchers. And if we are found to have stopped anywhere within a ten mile radius of Leeds, for any reason at all, then our coaches will be turned around and sent back to South Wales.

We will also be sent back to South Wales if the Yorkshire Police can find any trace of alcohol on any of our coaches.

But it's OK. Coz we're used to this sort of shit by now. And this sort of shit has been happening to us for the last five years at least. Long before the 'riot' at the Leeds cup tie.

Sounds like I'm grizzling, I know, but I'm not really. These are the sort of restrictions that Cardiff City fans face for just about every away trip. It's life as far as we're concerned. And it's been that way for ages.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Golly gosh. We were having problems FOUR years ago too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here