Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Ticket Allocation System Is A Joke

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I haven't chipped in on any of the multitude of Spurs tickets threads. None of my business. But, nevertheless, I've been amazed to read the recent horror stories about long-standing season ticket holders and regular away travellers getting letters this week telling them they've missed out on tickets for the big game because of the ridiculous 'first come first served' system. So I thought I'd tell you how things work at Cardiff City here in Third World South Wales.

We have a big away game coming up in a couple of weeks. Leeds United at Elland Road. A game for which we've been allocated just 1,364 tickets. This is how the tickets are being distributed:

Leeds tickets went on sale to season ticket holders and club members who have been to a minimum of four away league games this season (up to and including the game at Sheffield United last week) on 16th December. Fans who qualify (just over 900 apparently) have up until 12-30pm today to book their tickets.

The remaining tickets will go on sale from Boxing Day onwards to season ticket holders who have been to at least one away league game this season.

If any tickets are left on 30th December, they will then be made available to club members who have been to at least one away game and season ticket holders who haven't been to any away games.

Surely it would have been possible for Albion to introduce a similar system for the Spurs cup game? I can't believe that the club is still using a 'first come first served' system in this day and age. In my opinion, it's ludicrous that Brighton's most loyal fans aren't being given some sort of priority when it comes to games like these.

I also wonder if any of Albion's more prominent and well-known supporters ever miss out on tickets for the big games under the current system - know what I mean?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Do we pick holes in your club?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Good point TLB.

There are two types of game where this can happen; big games against teams like Spurs where we get plenty of tickets but people come out of the woodwork for it.

And games like Rotherham away - where it could be a vital game - where we will only get a few tickets.

The general opinion amongst those on here that do not travel away regularly is that first come, first served is best.

It is unfair on those who go to every game.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Got to be said good points well made.
I think its mental how we treat season ticket holders, but i think we've kind of done this one to death.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Imagine going to every home game and then missing out on a ticket for the last day of the season, a relegation decider.

This is why people buy season tickets.

Some people want to go to every away game as well as/instead of every home game.

There is no reason why an away season ticket could not be introduced, or at least some sort of loyalty system.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If we are going to do any sort of loyalty system then it should have been sorted out years ago when we were going to places like Hartlepool & Swansea on Tuesday nights.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Exactly the kind of system we need. Rewards the people who have been to Sunderland/Derbt/Forest this season, and are, as it stands now, missing out on WHL.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Leeds tickets went on sale to season ticket holders and club members who have been to a minimum of four away league games this season (up to and including the game at Sheffield United last week) on 16th December. Fans who qualify (just over 900 apparently) have up until 12-30pm today to book their tickets.

How is that monitered LB? How does CCFC know what matches an individual season ticket holder has attended?

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
kinkygerbil said:
they have the info on the clubs system they just choose not to use it

How do you mean? Withdean Stadium is not linked to a computer system and to install one in a temporary home would be a waste of money surely? Different story once a permanent stadium has been built.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
palace sell tickets for home and away matches to season ticket holder and members first (2 per person) then after a week or so thet go on general sale.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Your Ticket Allocation System Is A Joke

Waterhall Wizard said:
How is that monitered LB? How does CCFC know what matches an individual season ticket holder has attended?

Almost every CCFC away game is all-ticket these days - at least they are for the visiting fans anyway. The club keeps a record of every ticket it sells (home and away tickets) on its database. All season ticket holders and club members are allocated a 'fan number' at the start of each season, and in order to buy a ticket for an away game you have to quote those numbers and identify the fans concerned.

Our ticket office used to be hopeless, but the club invested in an excellent computer system a few years ago (pre-Hammam) and the system has worked superbly ever since.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It may not be ideal BUT everyone knows how it works and should act accordingly.

People know when they get their season ticket it does not entitle them to first dibs on away games.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Waterhall Wizard said:
How do you mean? Withdean Stadium is not linked to a computer system and to install one in a temporary home would be a waste of money surely? Different story once a permanent stadium has been built.

Everytime you buy a ticket you quote your name or fan number and it gets recorded.

If it didn't get recorded you could theoretically use the same AMS number more than once per game.

Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all games. If you want your loyalty points you would have to buy them in advance; people that regularly go to games know in advance that they are going to attend a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here