Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Three Must Go To Away Trips 2024/25

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Looking ahead, sans coach as it stands, to next season and which away day jollies take your fancy. For me the choice would be :

Ipswich - never been to Portman Road so another ground to tick off.

Everton - if they’re still in existence and if it’s completed their new gaff at Bramley Moore Dock.

Nottingham Forest - my first trip since we condemned Reading to 7th place in the Championship in 2014.

Honourable mentions - Southampton, ‘cos it’s 10 minutes down the road for me. Fulham, lovely away day and about time we sodding well beat them in the Premier League! Liverpool - I just really enjoy Anfield and Liverpool fans, for me, have always been friendly and knowledgeable. :drink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Villa - because I've never been
Brentford - because I've only been to GP and it's just down the road from my office
Newcastle - because my nephew's just moved there and it's chance to fit in a family visit

Hope to fit in Leicester, as it's a cracking curry and Liverpool, as I've a mate who's a ST holder

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Villa - because I've never been
Brentford - because I've only been to GP and it's just down the road from my office
Newcastle - because my nephew's just moved there and it's chance to fit in a family visit

Hope to fit in Leicester, as it's a cracking curry and Liverpool, as I've a mate who's a ST holder
Villa's shit, by the way.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Looking ahead, sans coach as it stands, to next season and which away day jollies take your fancy. For me the choice would be :

Ipswich - never been to Portman Road so another ground to tick off.

Everton - if they’re still in existence and if it’s completed their new gaff at Bramley Moore Dock.

Nottingham Forest - my first trip since we condemned Reading to 7th place in the Championship in 2014.

Honourable mentions - Southampton, ‘cos it’s 10 minutes down the road for me. Fulham, lovely away day and about time we sodding well beat them in the Premier League! Liverpool - I just really enjoy Anfield and Liverpool fans, for me, have always been friendly and knowledgeable. :drink:
Thought it had already been announced that Bramley Moore Dock isn't opening until 25/26 season!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Ipswich is the main one for me. The rest I’ll just pick and choose depending on if they’re Saturday 3pm or not and if trains aren’t outrageously priced/are actually running.

It’ll be interesting to see if the loyalty point scramble is over.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Athens, Amsterdam and Rome.

Oh, hang on a minute.

To be serious, quite similar to the OP. Ipswich for sure. Had some cracking trips there in the early 90s. One of the Liverpool clubs so I can see @jackalbion having Buckie for brekky and drink in the Ship and Mitre. And Southampton, a one train trip that isn’t London, good banter, good chance of a result.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Will probably go to most but……

Tottenham - just like the fact I’ve been to their ground more times than most of the Tottenham fans I know! 😂

Going to do Newcastle, as haven’t been for quite a long time.
Wolves - I like Molineaux.

Next season definitely not doing….
Villa - 6-1 did for me….
Everton - shit ground, dont care how nostalgic some feel…
Chelsea - cant stand them or their arrogant fans

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Anfield IMO is the best experience available for the travelling football fan. I went last season for the first time in many years and loved the whole weekend. In terms of culture and general interest Stoke was another highlight last season though obviously won’t be on next season. Yes to Ipswich if I can get a ticket. Still haven’t been to the new Spurs ground or Brentford as the away tix sell out before they get to my level. So any three from those 4.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Anfield IMO is the best experience available for the travelling football fan. I went last season for the first time in many years and loved the whole weekend. In terms of culture and general interest Stoke was another highlight last season though obviously won’t be on next season. Yes to Ipswich if I can get a ticket. Still haven’t been to the new Spurs ground or Brentford as the away tix sell out before they get to my level. So any three from those 4.
To be fair, Stoke wasn't expected to be on last season.
Or the season before that.

Anyway, I'll go for:
Either of the Liverpool teams (missed both of them for some reason this season and they're basically the same away day),
Ipswich if I can get a ticket (not expecting to),
Leicester, which I've been to for a gig but not for a game, and I lived there for a few months so quite like the place.

I'm not counting Forest (which I'd probably put up there with Sheffield as my top away day) because I've done it the last two seasons and I'm as certain as possible that I'll do it this one as well.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Only done Ipswich once. I can’t even remember what the score was but it was the game Vicente ran the length of the pitch before cutting on his right foot and putting it in the top corner

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Only done Ipswich once. I can’t even remember what the score was but it was the game Vicente ran the length of the pitch before cutting on his right foot and putting it in the top corner
We lost, that was the only bright spot…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here