Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your supoort

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Why were there only 5,800 fans at the withdean on Sunday?

Did Stoke not sell their allocation or have some fans deserted the sinking ship already?

You should still be able to sell 7,500 tickets at this level and for a club who used to have a 25,000 following this is poor.

Brighton should average 12,000 if you had your new stadium so why not fill the withdean each week.:nono:

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If you had watched the shit that we have this season you would understand.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Agree that it was a poor show. Think the problem is due to the fact there was nothing to play for, All the anti MM stay away fans, The fact that the weather was not the best and a large contingent of fans that refuse to go to Withdean.
Not good excuses in my book but that is life I am afraid mate:down:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
22 quid to sit in at an athletics track watching a team run around like idiots while your manager stands there looking bemused does not represent value for money. Staying in the pub and drinking 7 pints and watching sky sports as the result comes in and you've lost again is a tad more bearable.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Clear signal to the board rgd feeling about McGhee if you ask me.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Croydonbloke said:
Why were there only 5,800 fans at the withdean on Sunday?

Did Stoke not sell their allocation or have some fans deserted the sinking ship already?

You should still be able to sell 7,500 tickets at this level and for a club who used to have a 25,000 following this is poor.

Brighton should average 12,000 if you had your new stadium so why not fill the withdean each week.:nono:

Are you going to Watford? PM me if you are and I may be able to help with Parking etc.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
But the team would want your support and the fact the that you are playing on a shoestring budget is all the more reason to get behind the players. Extremely poor show from your lot i`m afraid. Palace fans were exceptional when things weere bad in the Golberg days we supported the club in the way any fans should.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Croydonbloke said:
But the team would want your support and the fact the that you are playing on a shoestring budget is all the more reason to get behind the players. Extremely poor show from your lot i`m afraid. Palace fans were exceptional when things weere bad in the Golberg days we supported the club in the way any fans should.

Totally agree with you mate. It is just that a lot have set their stall out so to speak and refuse to do the 1 thing that will keep this club going and that is going to HOME games to give the club the biggest revenue possible.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Your supoort

Perry Milkins said:
Are you going to Watford? PM me if you are and I may be able to help with Parking etc.
No I won`t be going mate as it`s midweek and won`t get off work early enough anyway. My Brother on the other hand will be going so any Parking plans may be useful.:drink:

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Stoke end was only 3 quarters full but that only shaved 200 odd off the attendance.

It's sad but we do seem to have quite a few plastic, glory hunting, bandwagon jumpers who aren't prepared to take the rough with the smooth.

I never miss a home game if I'm free, no matter who the opposition are, where we are in the league or how few footballers we have in the team.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Croydonbloke said:

Different scenario - we had a manager with complete backing, a decent(ish) stadium and crowds swelled by a recent stay in the Prem.

Don't blame them for not going Sunday - what was the point. Season's over and on a hiding to nothing (didn't expect such a hiding I must admit).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
5k is our core. Even with Falmer if we were in the same position we are now we'd only get maybe 7k

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
paulie said:
Different scenario - we had a manager with complete backing, a decent(ish) stadium and crowds swelled by a recent stay in the Prem.

Don't blame them for not going Sunday - what was the point. Season's over and on a hiding to nothing (didn't expect such a hiding I must admit).
In a way I see your point. But in the main most teams get a good send off from the fans regardless of how bad the season has been.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
jonny.rainbow said:
It's sad but we do seem to have quite a few plastic, glory hunting, bandwagon jumpers who aren't prepared to take the rough with the smooth.

I never miss a home game if I'm free, no matter who the opposition are, where we are in the league or how few footballers we have in the team.
Bollocks. Ever heard of voting with your feet? With the team already relegated why shouldn't we? Seems like the ideal time to express our feelings towards the current management.

I wasn't there as I was otherwise engaged so my seat was empty, I guess I'm a plastic gloryhunting bandwagon jumper. :down:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Silent Bob said:
Bollocks. Ever heard of voting with your feet? With the team already relegated why shouldn't we? Seems like the ideal time to express our feelings towards the current management.

I wasn't there as I was otherwise engaged so my seat was empty, I guess I'm a plastic gloryhunting bandwagon jumper. :down:

If you had other stuff to do, as I have several times this season, then that is fair enough. But I'm sorry I don't believe 1,500 people had engagements they couldn't have got out of.

Some people only want to be football fans when their team is on the up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dougal is right, this clubs support is down to a hardcore of 4-5,000, the rest will appear when the games are high profile or if we are on a winning streak. It will take 5-10 years of Falmer to bring us up to Reading's level of support imo as they were getting sell out 12k odd crowds under McGhee and were in a better position fanwise when their new stadium opened than we are going to be.

Whatever the reasons under 6k for the last game in the Championship is as pathetic as the teams performance on the day.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
B.M.F said:
All the anti MM stay away fans

Thatll be me!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And before anyone says anything I was a regular at the Goldstone and at Gillingham.

But yes I was 'voting with my feet' and will continue to do so until that fat clueless lardy xxxx is booted out.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think some of this is a bit unfair. I've been to nearly every home game this year but decided to go away for the weekend (a plan scuppered by illness) because we were down and I had a feeling we would be shit. What was the point in paying £22 to watch what I thought would be a rubbish match. If you think that makes me a bad supporter, fine, but I go to be entertained and support my team. I've spent nigh on £300 on tickets and seen two matches that entertained me out of about 20.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Les Biehn said:
I think some of this is a bit unfair. I've been to nearly every home gay this year...

I'm really, really sorry to do this but this has to be accurately quoted before you edit. I'm sorry. Again, I'm really sorry.:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here