Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your starting 11 for Derby?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
I'm going to punt for our second-half team today, because I'm easily influenced by the last thing I've looked at. :)

Code:
        Blayney or Loan Keeper

Dodd   Ashby   Butters   Mayo

Nicolas

Reid   Carpenter   Oatway   Hammond

Kazim-Richards

Subs: Sullivan, El Abd, Hart, McCammon, Knight.

The only problem with that is that its asking Derby to attack attack attack which is asking for trouble.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
London Irish said:
I'm going to punt for our second-half team today, because I'm easily influenced by the last thing I've looked at. :)

Code:
        Blayney or Loan Keeper

Dodd   Ashby   Butters   Mayo

Nicolas

Reid   Carpenter   Oatway   Hammond

Kazim-Richards

Subs: Sullivan, El Abd, Hart, McCammon, Knight.

I must say, I like the look of that team. Especially in light of the fact that we've been shipping goals left, right and centre. I guess that team would be sitting pretty deep sop the back 4's lack of pace might not be so cruelly exposed. Although as kinky G said, it is not only asking derby to attack us, it's practically demanding it.

Is CKR good enough to play as the lone striker? Maybe Turienzo(sp) would be a better choice as going on reports he seems to be a player who can hold the ball up well and play in his team mates when they finally chug out of our half?

Edit:
Actually, how about moving hammond into the centre and putting Leon on the left of midfield? That way we'll have some genuine attacking support coming through the middle of the pitch and from the wings. Also, by playing leon in the starting 11 we can change the formation to 5-3-2/3-5-2 or 4-4-2 without having to use substitues. It would allow for a much more fluid formation.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
?

? Butters ? ?
Reid Oatway Carpenter Hammond
? ?

subs: Hart, Dodd, ? ? ?

The midfield picks itself, although Reid could revert to full-back and Harty could come in.

Butters' central defending partner has got to be fast.

4-4-2 is the best. Wing-backs is a flawed system, although, if the team until is together enough it can work (not at the Albion though).

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We have no keeper. The defence is the slowest in the league, our midfield lacks any creativity whatsoever and our strikers are totally unproven. We are going to get hammered at Derby.

:(

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Sneaky George said:
We have no keeper. The defence is the slowest in the league, our midfield lacks any creativity whatsoever and our strikers are totally unproven. We are going to get hammered at Derby.

:(

I dont known why but i have a slightly better feeling about this year than i did last year. Our defence maybe slow but it does have a lot of experience, if we put leon in midfield we will have a bit of creativity on the left but we do still need to sign a creative player there. Im very exicted about our attack it maybe inexpirenced but we have a young lad with no fear and he just wants to beat players and score goals. It will be another tough season but a couple of signings here and there and we will start to look a good team.

With the GK situation if we dont sign Blayney (Which i think we will) then im sure MM will be able to bring in a decent loan keeper till FDM is fit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beeney

Gregory
Lawrenson
Foster

Case
Wilson
Towner
O'Sullivan
Gotsmanov

Ward
Robinson

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
A lot of you have made assumptions that Blayney and Ashby have already signed .....

I do hope you are right, but as of now, I don't think you can have them on your teamsheet.

Does make us look rather weak at the back, as exposed in our pre-season friendlies (not a clean sheet in sight and all against lower opposition)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Shropshire Seagull said:
A lot of you have made assumptions that Blayney and Ashby have already signed .....

I do hope you are right, but as of now, I don't think you can have them on your teamsheet.

Does make us look rather weak at the back, as exposed in our pre-season friendlies (not a clean sheet in sight and all against lower opposition)

RE Blayney and Ashby.

If Blayney has not signed we will have a loan keeper. and if Ashby has not signed we can play El Abd.

Am a bit woried about the lack of signings tho.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
kevinsmith said:
[
Blayney

Dodd Ashby Butters Mayo

Reid Carpenter Oatway Hammond

Kazim-Richards Knight

congrats this is the team that will start at Derby, and probably, just about right

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Blayney
Dodd
Ashby
Butters
Mayo
Reid
Carpenter
Oatway
Hammond
Kazim-Richards
Knight

Subs:
Martin
El-Abd
McCammon
McPhee
Nicolas

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
fatboy said:
Blayney
Dodd
Ashby
Butters
Mayo
Reid
Carpenter
Oatway
Hammond
Kazim-Richards
Knight

Subs:
Martin
El-Abd
McCammon
McPhee
Nicolas

This XI is right but the subs should include Robinson. McPhee will be out on loan by then hopefully

Formation will be 442. Can not believe some people on here think Mayo could play as a wing back. He'd have to buy some new legs

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Blayney

Dodd El Ebd/Ashby Butters Mayo

Reid Oatway Chippy Hammond

CKR Knight

Subs
Martin
El Abd/Ashby
Nicolas
Hart
Turenzo

You don't realise how weak the squad is until you try and pick a side yourself. We need two left sided players. I think Chippy and Oatway will become increasingly challenged by Hammond for the central midfield berths. The defensive problems will be resolved if we get Ashby and when Hinsh returns.

McPhee should have a crack at Eastbourne Borough...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here