Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your starting 11 against Walsall ?

Stumpy Tim

I am going to assume neither Forster or Hart are properly fit. Murray's heart isn't in it, and with Davies missing the Scunthorpe game I worry about the forward line. I'm also going to assume we don't sign Sharp

Kuipers
Whing, Virgo, Elphick, Wright
Wright, Dicker, Crofts, Cox
Thornhill
Dickinson

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
elphic is first name on the teamsheet and i would play tunnicliffe alongside him. kuipers is still first choice in goal - and rightly so.

assume it'll be thornhill and dicker first choice in central mid, cox and wright on the wings - although i think cox could be superb playing just behind the forwards.

dickinson plus forster up front, davies replacing forster if he's not fit.

whing at right back so that just leaves left back and i assume having spent 150k on wright slade feels he's good enough to left there

It's interesting the range of opinions you get. At centre half I would say Virgo is the definite pick and you play one of Tunnicliffe and Elphick alongside him. I thought Virgo looked the better player at the end of last season.

Whatever the team is, it will almost certainly be the most debutants we have had in one match for a long time.

As someone said, without seeing players it is hard to judge but my team would be:

Smith
Whing
Elphick
Virgo
J Wright
M Wright
Thornhill
Dicker
Cox
Murray
Dickinson

Subs: Kuipers, El Abd, Tunnicliffe, McLeod, Crofts, Forster, Hart/Davies

That bench looks encouragingly strong. When did we last have such good players on the bench even with only 5 subs?

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
Seems to me there are four positions to be decided in the team:-
1. Goalkeeper....Kuipers or Smith
2. Central defensive partnership....two from Virgo/Tunnicliffe/Elphick
3. One central midfield spot between...Crofts/Dicker
4. One striker position between.....Dickinson/Forster

My guess would be (assuming fitness):-

Smith
Whing
Wright
Elphick
Tunnicliffe
Cox
Thornhill
Dicker
Wright
Forster
Dickinson

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers

Whing
Virgo
Elphick
Wright

Wright
Dicker
Spiller
Cox

Dickinson
Forster (C)

I would agree except Spiller has been released... I expect Crofts to play instead, unless we sign someone else...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
................................................Kuipers.........................................................
Whing............Elphick.....................................Virgo..........................J.Wright
....................................................................................................................
M.Wright..................Navarro...................Crofts.....................................Cox
....................................................................................................................
.......................Murray...................................Dickinson.................................

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Kuipers
Whing
Elphick
Virgo (C)
J Wright
Crofts
Dicker
Navarro
M Wright
Cox
Dickinson

Subs:
Tunnicliffe, G Smith, Davies, Thornhill, El Abd, Forster, Cook

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
WTF. Perhaps I'm missing something here but from what I've read/heard MK is playing his best for a long time, and Smith (GK) really hasn't done much. Why are people putting Smith ahead of MK?

For me;

Kuipers

Whing,
Virgo,
Elphick,
Wright

Wright,
Dicker,
Crofts/Thornhill*,
Cox

Dickinson,
Murray

* Really can't decide from what I've read/heard

Silly Sausage

Aug 1, 2009
I agree with this side I believe both Elphick and Tunnicliffe looked dominant today. Virgo for me is just a weight, yes he is a loyal captain but I think fresh players in this season fresh team, freah albion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here