Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your sporting highlight of 2006

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
No doubt everyone has a few to choose from ? Kirtley at Lords ? Mushy at Notts,maybe a few from BHAFC ? However for just sheer entertainment for my it would have to go to Adam Gilchirst,s second fifty the one made from just 17 balls in his century plus in the third test in Perth. Just great to watch and enjoy. :clap2: :bowdown: :albion:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
8-0 win over nortwich was good but did enjoy wins over leeds and swansea, also beating millwall 3 times at there place aswell. Oh and getting a west ham ticket aswell

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Joe Calzaghe battering the shit out of the so-called 'Next Big Thing' and 'Mini-Tyson' Jeff Lacy.

So much more impressive for me than some posh bird on a horse who just happens to be the Queen's grand-daughter. Mind you, it might have been different if JC's fights were shown on the BBC, not ITV...

Albion-wise, I'd go for the 8-0. May have been against lower-level opposition, but any time you get to watch your team smack in 8 without reply in a 'competitive' fixture is always going to be fun.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Kenhead said:
8-0 win over northwich was good, also beating millwall 3 times at there place aswell. Oh and getting a west ham ticket aswell

If I can just add Dean Wilkins taking over as manager & all the youth player's breaking through into the first team, then thats good enough for me. :albion:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i'm not a cricket fan, Owen Hargreaves proving his doubters (including me) wrong against Portugal in the WC was great to seealso the europeans retaining the ryder cup

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
there are 2 that have stuck out for me and i was lucky enough to be there for both of them

1st - kirtley taking stuart law 1st ball at lords in the c&g final

2nd - raymond van barneveld's 9 dart finish at the premier league darts in bournemouth

Italy-Germany semi-final - brilliant.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Would love to say there had been some highlights at Bath, but we have been shite all year (with the exception of about 10 mins against Leicester earlier this season!):down: :down: :down:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Every time Mushy took a wicket. Doesn't matter who's, or that there have been so many. Every one was MAGIC

:mushy: :mushy:
:mushy:

:mushy: :mushy:
:mushy: :mushy: :mushy:

:mushy::mushy::mushy::mushy::mushy:
:mushy::mushy::mushy:

Last edited:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Yes,so pleased for Kirtley,and what a performance. :bowdown: Just enjoyed Gilchrist 50 of just 17 balls. :clap2: awesome batting.:albion:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Achieving backspin (yes BACKSPIN) when chipping onto the 9th green at Benfield. That little sucker landed near the back of the green, bit, and spun back down the green to within a couple of foot of the hole.

I missed the putt, but f*** it. I got BACKSPIN.

:clap2:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Easy 10 said:
Achieving backspin (yes BACKSPIN) when chipping onto the 9th green at Benfield. That little sucker landed near the back of the green, bit, and spun back down the green to within a couple of foot of the hole.

I missed the putt, but f*** it. I got BACKSPIN.

:clap2:

I had a birdie on that hole the other week, quite proud of myself I was to.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The single moment of most complete sporting ecstasy I think I've felt since the end of the Hereford game:

Murali Kartik lbw Kirtley 0

Until then I still couldn't quite believe we were going to win. The ruddy-faced Boltonians -- who until 5 minutes before had been singing "Ohh Lanky Lanky" -- trudging out. The bloke in the Mound Stand pumping his arms and shouting "Sussex! Sussex! Rah rah rah!" Hugging and high-fiving a group of Brummie Pakistani blokes whose attendance at Lord's still confusing me slightly. Drinking a LOT of wine.

Just brilliant.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
I had a birdie on that hole the other week, quite proud of myself I was to.
:tosser: :shit: :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here