Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your rivalry with Pompey

gfconline

Feb 11, 2004
Pikeyville
I understand your rivalry with Palarce. There's a Brghton fan and a Palarce fan where I work and they won't even look at eachother. But since I've came on here alot of you hate Pompey. Why?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I've got mates who are Pompey fans and I join them in my hatred of Scumhampton. I've no real anamosity towards them. It's more like a merseyside derby stylee type of thingme!

But Palarse! That's another matter!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you have ever been to Portsmouth you'd know why!

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Lammy said:
I've got mates who are Pompey fans and I join them in my hatred of Scumhampton. I've no real anamosity towards them. It's more like a merseyside derby stylee type of thingme!

But Palarse! That's another matter!

Agree. One of my mates is a Pompey fan and got no problem with thme other than they are local. However, our hatred of Southampton is united

gfconline

Feb 11, 2004
Pikeyville
perseus said:
If you have ever been to Portsmouth you'd know why!

I have done and never had any trouble with them.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Theres a few Palace fans here and they all are really nice people, and Miss Redland is from Portsmouth, what was ya point again ??

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It does not have to be about football at all.

Take a mixture of drink, Micks, the Navy and the locals are probably no worse than Millwall, or any port or mining town, Fishersgate when there were docks to speak about at Shoreham.

Also a few fishermen thrown in as well and the name Portsmouth is not brought up in polite conversation. I do not usually admit to knowing somebody who knows somebody who is rumoured to know a distant relation who spoke to a Portsmouth fan. And this is how it should be.

gfconline

Feb 11, 2004
Pikeyville
Ok Cheers. I was just wondering.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I know a guy whos a pompey fan and he continuously slags brighton off as being poofs and whenever he sees me he goes look out backs to the wal brighton fan nearby.

One of these days I'm gonna deck th ebloke.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
tinx said:
I know a guy whos a pompey fan and he continuously slags brighton off as being poofs and whenever he sees me he goes look out backs to the wal brighton fan nearby.

Yeah we all get that,but i go along with it and say bend over big boy i'll show ya etc and it works great and they fu-ck off.:lolol:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Pompey hatred is probably more of a West Sussex thing - Chichester is our County town and yet the shops there are full of Pompey gear.

Two other things to make you hate Pompey - ringing that bloody bell through a game and that absolute wanker John Portmouth FC Westwood - he is the bloke with the blue wig, pompey tattoos everywhere and puts himself in the spotlight wqhever Meridian want to have a Dinenage endorsed pompey story.

I'm told that Southampton FC wanted him banned from the derbies after he was caught on CCTV pissing on the seats but the police said to let him in as it would cause problems if they tried to ban him - spineless wimps.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
tinx said:

Strange thing is, 20 years ago (before we had the gay chants thrown at us) it was Pompey that used to have the "Hello Sailor" image!!

the donkeycentrhalf said:

I'm told that Southampton FC wanted him banned from the derbies after he was caught on CCTV pissing on the seats

Westwood probably does that at home as well! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here