My morning shower scotch helps get me ready for the day ahead

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
tea, tea and then, some more tea

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I'm up at 3am usually and at that time I like fresh coffee, during my shift its usually water and by breakfast its tea

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
HAS to be fresh filter coffee.

If the place I'm working only has crappy instant or some shitty machine then I take my own cafetiere and fresh roast ground coffee in with me

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
HAS to be fresh filter coffee.

If the place I'm working only has crappy instant or some shitty machine then I take my own cafetiere and fresh roast ground coffee in with me

Filter coffee and cafetiere coffee are two very different things, the latter is usually pretty nice and the former just tastes a bit wanky.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Orange Juice , piece of toast - laughing!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Filter coffee and cafetiere coffee are two very different things, the latter is usually pretty nice and the former just tastes a bit wanky.

Not 100% sure, but I believe that's because the filter paper, in addition to filtering out the lumps of ground bean, also filters out some of the oils that contain most of the flavour...

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

Well I just meant fresh brewed coffee using a cafetiere. I just call it filter coffee to differentiate it from instant coffee. Not that you could make instant coffee using a cafetiere. The point is it has to be REAL proper coffee, and lots of it, so it takes all your strength and a long time to plunge.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not 100% sure, but I believe that's because the filter paper, in addition to filtering out the lumps of ground bean, also filters out some of the oils that contain most of the flavour...

The one in my office appears to take away all flavour and just leave you with a mud thick, bitter tasting liquid. Part of the problem is that people put far too much coffee in the filter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Coffee AND orange juice.

Is the correct answer. Add a croissant and a full hour to read the papers (plus out of habit the NME on Wednesday) and you have the perfect weekday start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here