Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your pre season Albion Mojo, where is it?

How is your pre season Albion Mojo

• Total voters

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Given GP's comments about improving the players we have, and getting other players to contribute more goals, I have acquired doubts, over the last couple of months, about how hard or how seriously we are really trying.

Can't help suspecting that the club has adopted a "make do with what we've already got" attitude, and GP's comments are intended to lower our expectations of signing a decent striker.

You can't believe that the club aren't trying. I believe it is just a ridiculous market, not that BHA are so useless they just aren't bothered. We are one of the most professionally-run clubs in the league, so why wouldn't we be trying to resolve this. It is just nowhere near as easy as some people seem to think.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Concerned he will feel obligated to play Veltnan,White Dunk and Webster. This will either meam one will have to play left back or if we play 3 at back Veltnan will have to play in unfamiliar role as wing back

larus

8 for me.

I look at defence and midfield and see a good mix of players. Yes, we are lighter on the striking options, but Connolly looked much better after the Covid break. My only concern is that some other teams have invested quite a bit, but that doesn’t always work. Look at Fulham in the past.

I think we’ll be OK and hope for mid-table (say 13th-15th). Our start is not ideal, but we have top play them at some time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
8 for me.

I look at defence and midfield and see a good mix of players. Yes, we are lighter on the striking options, but Connolly looked much better after the Covid break. My only concern is that some other teams have invested quite a bit, but that doesn’t always work. Look at Fulham in the past.

I think we’ll be OK and hope for mid-table (say 13th-15th). Our start is not ideal, but we have top play them at some time.

I think Chelsea have got three or four players out and the new signings haven’t had time to gel, it may be a good time to play them. We are also going into the game with our best striker choices ALL available :wink:

Quick look at the poll suggests that [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] is on the happy pills :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
About a 5, Not being able to attend takes the gloss off of the season. I’m still in cricket mode too.

larus

I think Chelsea have got three or four players out and the new signings haven’t had time to gel, it may be a good time to play them. We are also going into the game with our best striker choices ALL available :wink:

Quick look at the poll suggests that [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] is on the happy pills :lolol:

Chelsea won’t know what’s him ‘em.

I meant our start in the first 4 games (yes, it was not clear in my wording). Let’s hope we pull off a couple of shocks.

EastWarren

Jan 24, 2015
Brighton
Lurching from wildly optimistic to absurdly pessimistic.
Will be happier when we've won one, drawn two and lost two and are ensconced in mid table.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
8 - I am excited to see the progression of Connolly, White, Alzate, Bissouma, Lamptey, Mac Allister and possibly Molumby and Gyokeres, hopeful to see improvements in Maupay, Trossard, Webster with a seasons Prem experience now.
Keeping my fingers crossed Jahanbakhsh does what I believe he can and Lallana has an impact. Tonights result is less important than the performance for me, but the defensive reinforcements Chelsea have bought are not yet in place, and the attacking threats are not yet bedded in properly, so quite hopeful we can get something out of it.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Currently at eight. It's usually around 10 as I always think we have a chance to win every game. I am regularly disappointed but the high mojo then just moves onto the next game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm a 7.

I feel that there's a feeling of deja vu: no big striker brought in, a couple of teams that are obviously going down (this year WBA and Fulham), a dogfight to avoid the third relegation spot, the title race a shoot-out between Liverpool and City, the other Champions League places sewn up by Chelsea and Man Utd.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
languishing on 4 i'm afraid , we need a 15-20 goal striker , most of our rivals have strengthened .....gonna be a dog fight again in my opinion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It was breezing along at 9 until the tripple simultaneous whammy of :

- Naylor's nothing close tweet.
- The explosion of chatter about Gyökeres going out on loan.
- Potter talking up Trossard/Jahanbakhsh as striker options.

Dreading tonight tbh as we are not ready as a squad.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I feel a bit flat. Not because we (perhaps) haven’t landed that elusive extra striker but, I dunno, this lack of fans, lack of genuine excitement... it’s all so very, very meh... although the stakes are high, the sense of jeopardy just falls away as we watch a few blokes run round endless soulless stadia. The fact that this season has come round so quickly too, it makes last season feel even less important, it’s all very unreal feeling a bit like an uncomfortable dream.

It’s bit like ‘74 Deep Purple playing the California jam, with no crowd whilst playing the theme from sooty for three hours. Anti climatic none events that no amount of fakery and pundit driven ‘drama’ can change.

I feel like I’m watching a coffin being lowered into a grave, knowing a bloated corpse lies within, of someone I truly used to love.

The soul (we) has gone... it brings a tear.

About a one then.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I feel a bit flat. Not because we (perhaps) haven’t landed that elusive extra striker but, I dunno, this lack of fans, lack of genuine excitement... it’s all so very, very meh... although the stakes are high, the sense of jeopardy just falls away as we watch a few blokes run round endless soulless stadia. The fact that this season has come round so quickly too, it makes last season feel even less important, it’s all very unreal feeling a bit like an uncomfortable dream.

It’s bit like ‘74 Deep Purple playing the California jam, with no crowd whilst playing the theme from sooty for three hours. Anti climatic none events that no amount of fakery and pundit driven ‘drama’ can change.

I feel like I’m watching a coffin being lowered into a grave, knowing a bloated corpse lies within, of someone I truly used to love.

The soul (we) has gone... it brings a tear.

About a one then.

I saw the classic Deep Purple line-up at The Dome back in the 70's. Blackmore used to chuck in all sorts of riffs for fun for Jon Lord to follow. Quite frankly he could just as likely have chucked in the Sooty theme for a laugh, but maybe not for three hours - that would just be silly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here