Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your playing career...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
475 appearances 96 goals for Wisdom Sports FC in The Mid Sussex League Generally around the Div 1/2 standard

Albion Rob

Club

U9 to U12 - Winkney, runners up in the league once

U13 to U16 - Hampden Park Rangers - 3x league titles, 1 county cup, a couple of league cups and endless 6 a side tournaments. Also, oddly, runners up in 'the world's largest five a side' tournament at Falmer in 1996.

School

Hampden Park - won the county cup and a couple of other local Eastbourne/Hastings trophies.

Rep sides

South East Sussex - oddly played in the same side as Gareth Barry, Scott Ramsay and Duncan McArthur (all to a greater or lesser degree Albion related) and won some cup or other at the Goldstone against worthing. Also got to the last 8 of a national cup but we lost to Hackney over at Stamco. Then I lost my place to Nikki Bull (now playing for Wycombe). This was a bit embarrassing because he was a year below me....

Adult

Played for a few pub sides in Eastbourne but basically too fat not, leaving me vulnerable to lobs. Still love a bit of five a side though!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i played one game for my junior school team.

i then retired due to lack of ability
010-1.gif

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
- Schoolboy level: Worthing Minors FC (County Cup winners, Mid-Sussex and West Sussex League winners, Leageu Cup winners)

- Portsmouth FC academy (rejected for being too small after one year)

- Gillingham FC (coached by former Albion striker Kevin Bremner almost ten years after meeting him when I was a mascot for the Albion and having my photo taken with him on the pitch)

- Brighton & Hove Albion Youth Team for two-years playing under John Jackson. Time of my life.

- Sussex FA in the same midfield line-up as Gareth Barry and Michael Standing

- Burgess Hill FC (League winners and various cups, I can't really remember how many but we were quite dominant back then under Mr Pook)

- East Preston (waste of time)

- Withdean 2000 in the Combined Counties League where we played in front of 2,500 AFC Wimbledon fans

- Followed by stints at Wick FC; Clymping and Worthing United.

- Now look at me....:facepalm:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Club

U9 to U12 - Winkney, runners up in the league once

U13 to U16 - Hampden Park Rangers - 3x league titles, 1 county cup, a couple of league cups and endless 6 a side tournaments. Also, oddly, runners up in 'the world's largest five a side' tournament at Falmer in 1996.

School

Hampden Park - won the county cup and a couple of other local Eastbourne/Hastings trophies.

Rep sides

South East Sussex - oddly played in the same side as Gareth Barry, Scott Ramsay and Duncan McArthur (all to a greater or lesser degree Albion related) and won some cup or other at the Goldstone against worthing. Also got to the last 8 of a national cup but we lost to Hackney over at Stamco. Then I lost my place to Nikki Bull (now playing for Wycombe). This was a bit embarrassing because he was a year below me....

Adult

Played for a few pub sides in Eastbourne but basically too fat not, leaving me vulnerable to lobs. Still love a bit of five a side though!

We must have played against each other then! I was in that Worthing side and still have the game on video. you were in red and we were in our away kit of black and white stripes...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
In my youth grass hockey was the first sport but played for a sunday league side in Brighton (somethign Dynamoes I think) and then a few times for Icklesham FC. In Turkey ğlayed five or six years for Bilkent Unisversities six a side team then in Poland played for an ex-pat team in the Warsaw league. Always a GK. Finished playing six a side in Harlow and then here in Izmir. Retired when MS was diagnosed four years ago at 41.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
44th Cubs - 1985/6 - Triple Champs
Lewes Bridge View - 1987ish
Varndean School - 1990/1
BHASVIC 2nd XI - 1991/2 - captain

fast forward a few years to 2012....

Tuesday night not very Athletic FC 5 a side @ Moulsecomb Leisure Centre
Saltdean Utd U10's coach

Not exactly illustrious I have to admit....!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
From about 7-14 I played for Saltdean Tigers and United as a centre mid.

My only saving grace was that I was already beginiing to be a 'taller' child so I could normally outjump a goalkeeper from corners and got a few headed goals.

In the middle of that t I played for Saltdean school and we won the two country cups. I scored in a semi final off my ARSE and then got dropped for a GIRL for the first 12 minutes of the final (it's a long story).

I then played a little bit for Varndean college before joining a sunday league team.

There I have continued to lose for the past 8 years but I have managed to score 7 goals or more for the past 5 which I'm quite pleased with, again, due to my height.

I now also play 5 a side at pitch invasion on wednesdays and we will probably be relegated tonight. :lolol::facepalm:

Saturdays:
Scaynes Hill 1sts-Unijet Premier
Wisdom Sports 1sts 3 games 2nds 14 games 3rds 84 games
DMS Cuckfield 2nds- 9 games, retired hurt aged 27,
Burgess Hill Athletic aged 35, 4 games, never completed 1, retired broken.

Sundays:
Kings Head Cuckfield
Cuckfield United
Talbot Athletic.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Late teens: Turners Hill Youth in the Crawley Youth League. Some whopping wins and some whopping defeats.

Followed by: West Hoathly in the Mid Sussex League - mixture of 1st XI and 2nd XI - included a couple of Cup Finals, both of which we lost!

Thoroughly enjoyed all of it.

Albion Rob

We must have played against each other then! I was in that Worthing side and still have the game on video. you were in red and we were in our away kit of black and white stripes...

Yes, that's right, bloody terrible kit.

I'd love to see the video - I think the only evidence I've got of having played there was the pic of me getting my (pretty rubbish) medal.

We might also have come up against each otehr in an Eastbourne Utd v Worthing Minors u14s cup semi final - I was looking through some of my old programmes the other day. Made me feel old but also a bit proud.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Didn't play any youth football.

Started playing Sunday football at 17. Played about 120 games and scored 41 goals. Played anywhere through the spine of a team but now a striker mainly. Not much in the way of silverware - 1 League runners up and 2 cup-runners up.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Yes, that's right, bloody terrible kit.

I'd love to see the video - I think the only evidence I've got of having played there was the pic of me getting my (pretty rubbish) medal.

We might also have come up against each otehr in an Eastbourne Utd v Worthing Minors u14s cup semi final - I was looking through some of my old programmes the other day. Made me feel old but also a bit proud.

No doubt we probably did! Were you in the same side as Chris Piper? He spat in my face. Terrifying.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I played for those ruffians at Whitehawk from U8's to U14's (81-87). I played right midfield and occasionally centre mid. After that it was just school teams.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Box to box midfielder

Under 7- 13 , Adur Athletic

Under 14- Out for most of the season due to a split shin from pissing about in a park football match.

Under 15 I played again for ASC strikers(rivals of Adur) scored 19 that season before going back to Adur.

Under 16-18 Adur Athletic and Sussex reps, scoring 9 for the reps and 14 for Adur, then going on to break my leg I haven't played since.

Would like to play again but my only option now is probably pub football :lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
1968-70 Roffey Robins PART OF MOB OF KIDS
1970-74 Chesworth Rangers MIDFIELD
1975-77 Chesworth Tigers MIDFIELD
1978-80 Watersfield FC (& Coot FC on Sundays) WINGER
1981-82 Army at Worthy Down WINGER
1982-84 Army in Cheltenham (+ Tewkesbury Sunday side) WINGER
1984-85 Army in London (Bushey Rangers on a Saturday and Princes ???? Arms, Hemel Hempsted Sundays) WINGER
1985-87 Army in Germany (+ Verden Sunday Team) LB
1988-90 Army in Sandhurst (+ Fleet Sunday side) LB
1991-92 Army in London (Bushey Rangers on a Saturday) LB
1993-95 Faygate United LB
1997-99 Rudgwick LB
1999+ Various vets and 5-a-side etc! SURVIVING

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I was a football genius up until the age of 17, then women, alcohol and wacky Baccy destroyed my career. At 28 years old i still believe i could do a job for any team outside top 4 in the Prem :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here