Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your not the only ones planning to move.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Palace to the Palace?

Looking at relocation to the athletics stadium. Copyists. :wink:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Looking at relocation to the athletics stadium. Copyists. :wink:

Been saying this for yeas but the snag is that Crystal Palace Stadium is in the London Borough of Bromley and not Croydon and they have made it very clear that they would rather have nice bijou houses than chavy football fans and caravans on the site.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Crystal Palace are to unveil plans to relocate the club to The Crystal Palace National Sports Centre.

CPFC2010 are holding a press conference on Thursday to explain their plans, where artists impressions and line drawings will be available.

The National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace Park was the original home of the club when it was formed in 1905 and they played there until the outbreak of World War One, when they moved to Herne Hill running track and then The Nest in Selhurst.

When CPFC2010 took over the club in June, possible relocation from Selhurst Park was one of their plans for the club.

Their hand may have been forced earlier than expected though by Tottenham Hotspur's plans to redevelop it as part of their bid to land the Olympic Stadium after the Games in 2012.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
So you'll be parking your caravans in a public park now then :lol:
All the best to you, Staying at Smellhurst isn't sustainable for your future & good luck with your potential move.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
So we're moving from an Athletics track to a Stadium and you lot are moving from a Stadium to an Athletics track?

best of luck with it :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Planning to move? I am under the impression that we are going to move.

I wonder how much the Selhurst Park land is worth? I presume a lot of money will have to be spent making it fit for human purposes.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Oi, nobby. Think you'll find we aint planning to move, we ARE moving. Yours is just a plan. Quite a lot up in the air I'd say, still I'm sure the 'artists impressions' are very good - probably still doing a Tommy Cooper and Frank Spencer, I'd wager.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I like Selhurst though. Its a shit hole, and quite appropriate for thier club.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Planning to move? I am under the impression that we are going to move.

I wonder how much the Selhurst Park land is worth? I presume a lot of money will have to be spent making it fit for human purposes.

Contaminated land can not be built on BoF, I think you`ll find.

Slight problem. You are presently in the London borough of Croyden and this is in the London borough of Bromley. So you will have to convince a whole load oif external councillors that this is a good thing. W3hich is atricky thing as we found out.

The athletics stadium has a capacity of 15,500, which can be increased up to 24,000 with temporary seating
Selhurst Park capacity NOW 26,309.

So why move into a smaller stadium????

Oh, and its a Grade II listed building.
Grade II* - these are particularly important buildings of more than special interest
Grade II - these are buildings of special interest, warranting every effort to preserve them

Listed building consent
If a building is on the list, any building work will require 'listed building consent', according to the Planning Act 1990. This is obtained through the local planning authority. Even minor works, such as painting or simple repair work in some circumstances, falls under the scope of this act.

The penalty for ignoring this act is up to a 12-month prison sentence or a fine to an unlimited amount, or both. Then you can be expected to carry out, at your own expense, further works to the listed building to remedy the impact of the unauthorised works.

Permitted development rights are on the whole suspended from these buildings

You think we had problems !

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
At least you'd be in the area that carries your name. How will you get it round the NIMBYs of Bromley though? Best wishes if you can scupper Tottenham's plans; GB needs a decent athletics stadium and while access to CP isn't too bad by public transport (station and most south London buses turning there), it's far better to Stratford, by road also. Don't like Tottenham's arrogance either, which is typical of Premiership clubs; I thought they had plans to redevelop White Hart Lane. Also, Stratford is West Ham's home territory. What are they going to call the club: Tottenham Stratford, Stratford Hotspur? For once, I will say, best wishes to Palace.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why the f*** would Spurs seriously entertain the cost of redeveloping in East London AND improving a wreck of a stdium in South London?

From what I read Spurs are in the mix for Stratford not because they want it but because it might bring down the cost of the Northumberland Park development. London Transport wanted a £5.6mill contribution from Spurs for the Tottenham Hale rail connection work, they offered £2m, now TfL have come down to £3m.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Contaminated land can not be built on BoF, I think you`ll find.

Remediation can solve the problem of contaminated land. Obviously, depending on the state of it.

I am sure I read, as part of my degree, that there was a toilet built on Dartmoor that had left patrons sterile as there was an element of toxic waste underneath it. I might be imagining things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here