• Pre 1962

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1962 - Chilie - Winners Brazil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
France '98 - opening game Scotland v Brazil with a four o'clock kick-off on a workday. Don't get much better than that. Well apart from the result. Obviously.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm sure it's an age thing because I remember it being mint too. A couple of other highlights, Brazil 2-3 Italy and Marco Tardelli's celebration after scoring.

However, I do thing people expect a lot more from WCs these days actually. Would we put up with the lack of GK backpass rule (it cost Scotland a chance of progressing against Uruguay, or was that 1986?), the fact that final first round group games were staged so that Algeria were left watching as Germany & Austria cheated their way through, or the daft 3 team second round robins which meant Spain had nothing to play for when we played them etc.

I loved WC 82 as 10 y.o kid but WCs these days really are different gravy these days when you think about it. More teams, better rules, more games, and better players across more nations.

You could be right in terms of it being an age thing (I was ten too), but taht world cup was pretty special. That semi final was amazing!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
1990 was the 1st one i can remember, the cameroon guy scoring against the argies in the 1st game, leaping like a salmon to score, still dont know how he got so high, roger milla goal celebrations, lots of good memories from it,

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
1970 Brazil. They played some half decent football.

and then every tournement where Scotland f***ed up. Always made me laugh , especially the one where their 2 defenders collided or maybe the Iran game or Someone Rica or what about Peru and Cubillas.

Ally MaCloud :laugh::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here