Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most disappointed to see released

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i have to agree the only ones i would have entertained keeping would be reid and rents

butts has had his day and it has shown this season im afraid

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
butts has had his day and it has shown this season im afraid

Hurray!! someone else not wearing rose tinted glasses when it comes to Butters

For me possibly Cobbs, as i heard good things about him, but def Reid.

Trouble with Rents was his lack of height, which teams exploited when he played by putting it over his head virtually every time (a shame really as otherwise he is very good)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cobbs, definitely...
How would you know? You haven't seen him play or the Albion for a couple of years now.So in all fairness we can dismiss your view entirely

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
How would you know? You haven't seen him play or the Albion for a couple of years now.So in all fairness we can dismiss your view entirely
Bloody hell, were do you get your information from, Uncle Spielberg?... That's how bollocks that is.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Cobbs should have been kept, look stronge, decent at left back and can also play in the centre of defence. Oh and algie, have seen him play for the stiffs and in the odd friendly, so that where I can draw my conclusions from.

Reid, well I guess so, as much as anything as cover at right back.

I do not get the obession with Rents. He had a golden opportunity to stake a claim around Christmas when Richards went back to Ipswich and to say he was poor was an understatement. His positional play was poor (Yeovil), he was too weak. Essentially he could cross a ball, but that was it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I do not get the obession with Rents. He had a golden opportunity to stake a claim around Christmas when Richards went back to Ipswich and to say he was poor was an understatement. His positional play was poor (Yeovil), he was too weak. Essentially he could cross a ball, but that was it.

Same at Millwall as well, although NONE of our players turned up that day!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Rents, Reid and Butters - all worth retaining
Not all three. Possibly Rents as we have no left-backs now at the club but sadly Reid was too injury prone and Butters is now too slow. It was time for a clear out and for Adams to say he's going to re-visit this worries me. Can you imagine some of the released returning under Ist team coach Dean Wilkins ( if he agrees). How on earth is that going to work?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Agreed that Rents didn't seize that opportunity with both hands at all. But in fairness, his confidence couldn't of been great at that time and he probably felt the pressure.

But I still think he's looked good more often than he's looked poor for us, and was definately one for the future.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed that Rents didn't seize that opportunity with both hands at all. But in fairness, his confidence couldn't of been great at that time and he probably felt the pressure.

But I still think he's looked good more often than he's looked poor for us, and was definately one for the future.

I just did not think he developed as player enough. Granted that has not stopped Loft or to an extent Fogden getting new deals.

However I also think Cobbs would have been a better left back and deserved another year.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
......However I also think Cobbs would have been a better left back and deserved another year.

Never seen Cobbs play so can't comment. But I will say that whenever a youth player is released it always gets me thinking if the decision will come back to haunt us one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here