Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Man of the Match.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
bit harsh on Rooney here methinks

not the best player on the pitch but he was looking much much sharper

Gerrard played well, Milner too

Loved David James attitude tonight. Make him captain!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
milner, just ahead of gerrard,rooney imo was woeful,clearly not fit and carrying a injury,cant see us winning another game.Watch the press now go totaly ott

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Terry. A captain's performance.

He has played with three different centre halves and we have only conceded one goal thanks to poppadom hands.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Milner, after a shaky start, just shading Gerrard who for once actually stuck to the left side unless oppurtuntiy really allowed him to wander inside.

as is the norm when we have a good game, even Lampard was good. only Rooney was off par, and thats really relative to the standard we expect.

Oct 25, 2003
milner was cracking, and very pleased that he proved me right (always thought he should be in the team)

some of his crosses were almost BECKHAMesque, plus he has work rate, two good feet, a bit of craft

good player

Definitely Milner for me he was immense. I am not a massive Gerrard fan but thought he was superb tonight. I think the big difference (I expect to get a slating for this) was the absence of Heskey, Defoe's movement gave us options and their defence something to think about. Defending against a big lump is too easy and i big slow lump who cannot score is even easier.

Feb 14, 2010
Were you guys watching the same game as me?

I thought Gerrard was Gerrard, long cross field balls that make English commentators go "cor that was good" when in fact its the wrong way to play football. Did he get the ball, pass it simple, then move into space to receive it? No and Gerrard wont get away with that sort of shit against Brazil or Argentina or Spain. When we give the ball away, then we will not get it back agaiin for 10 minutes.

It was a shit performance against a crap side whose most expensive player was released by West Brom. They should have equalised at the end and God help us if Messi gets hold of our defence, because they looked shaky against a German second division player.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Working class,fair point. However you have to agree (?) in Italia 90 Euro 96 & France 98 those games played when England went out against what was called 'better teams' England should have won all of them. :bhasign:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Were you guys watching the same game as me?

I thought Gerrard was Gerrard, long cross field balls that make English commentators go "cor that was good" when in fact its the wrong way to play football.

people like you are the reason why we dont get on at international level: if its not forward, then its shit. thats fine in the English leagues, but others snuff out that and we lose possesion. those "long cross field" balls keept possesion and spread the play, making the opposition defence work to readjust. they were a reasonable oragnised unit and thats the way to break them down, pass the ball around untill someone steps out of position, then execute the attack.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
i dont get that people rave about john terry. johnsons block was much better as it was going in if he didnt touch it. how is that impressive diving with your head when, A: it could so easily have come off his hand and B: surely its easier to stick your leg out. on top of that he gave away another ridiculous pass in the first half that would have been a goal if we were playing anyone better. also, what is it with the socks pulled up over the knees? f*** me! and without wanting to be picking on him, how many times has he been beaten in the air for a centre half? average player in an average team

Feb 14, 2010
people like you are the reason why we dont get on at international level: if its not forward, then its shit. thats fine in the English leagues, but others snuff out that and we lose possesion. those "long cross field" balls keept possesion and spread the play, making the opposition defence work to readjust. they were a reasonable oragnised unit and thats the way to break them down, pass the ball around untill someone steps out of position, then execute the attack.

absolute bollocks. Brazil, spain and Argentina pass, move and receive the ball back You dont pass it 45 yeards on a five a side pitch and except in the odd instance, nor should you on a full sized pitch. The fact that English commentators think Gerrard a genius shows how lacking English football is and how little they know about football. Mate, just watch Brazil. Gerrard wouldnt be allowed to clean the kit

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Terry was the shiz. Only player to really disappoint was Barry.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Defoe. Made the difference between qualifying and not qualifying. Only England player who seemed hungry for a goal in all three matches.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Glen Johnson got MoM for me with that beautiful long pass after 10 minutes or so! :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here