Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Man Of The Match On Sunday

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Murray definitely, him and Forster tore them a new arsehole at the back in the first 30minutes when the game was won and lost.

An honourable mention goes to FDM he was very commanding and made a couple of excellent saves.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Surely this has to be worth a poll!!??

IMHO Kuipers, for his couple of very good saves that kept the lead intact. Couldn't do anything about the penalty. Enjoyed the punch out where he chased it wide and sent it into the Southampton half, where they then proceded to concede a throw in :clap:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Yep, you are indeed.

I was watching Sky, so could be the reason for the difference in opinion, but that's the worst I've seen him play. Thought the occasion got to him, or perhaps it's just the high standard he's set himself, he was just having a bad day.

I was watching on Sky too and thought Dicker had an uncharacteristically bad game. Lost possession too much and didn't really help to defend the back 4. DOn't get me worng I think he is a great palyer for us, just not his best day on Sunday.

FDM or Murray have to be MOM and I would go Murray.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Murray, Kuipers and Dicker were stand out for me.
Dicker covered so much ground and only gave the ball away a couple of times and generally looked composed in possession and tracked back all over the place when he didn’t have it.

Everyone played well really. Forster ran himself into the ground as usual, as did Crofts. Tunny was immense as well.
Great day out.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You'd give Dicker MOM if he got sent off in the first minute mate.

Murray 100% for me.

Oct 25, 2003
EVERY time the ball came to either murray or forster the saints defence f***ing SHAT themselves

they had no idea how to cope with either of them whatsoever (especially murray)

you'd think that pardew would've said before the game "right lads, just a heads up, their front two are f***ing awesome......so watch out"

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Nothing to choose between Murray and Kuipers IMHO, both of them helped us win the game, but if I had to decide it would be Kuipers.

:clap:

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Murray for sure, Dicker was top class in the first half though. To be honest i was impressed with everyone, except for maybe Whing but it was his first game back.

Sillwood

Save the West Pier
Jul 19, 2007
Lewes District
How nice! It's been a long time since having to decide who out of several have been MOTM!
Murray:Kuipers:Crofts:Dicker:Forster(should have had a couple):Elphick & Tunnicliffe also did well.
Happy days.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Murray was magnificent - two superb goals, looked dangerous every time he had the ball, ran his heart out in the second half to take pressure off the team.

An absolutely outstanding performance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Murray.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kuipers dealt well with crosses but I'm struggling to think of a real save he had to make. The only one that springs to mind is the freekick and that was fairly standard.

Murray by a mile for me, after him Tunnicliffe.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers dealt well with crosses but I'm struggling to think of a real save he had to make. The only one that springs to mind is the freekick and that was fairly standard.

He had two to save in the second half, one of which was excellent. I think Kuipers all round game on Saturday was the best I've seen him play.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton

Murray by a mile for me, after him Tunnicliffe.

You clearly missed his immense saves when we were 3-1 up then. Also saved well from Lamberts volley and Lallana's shot

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Has to be Murray. That was probably up there with the best individual performances I've seen from one of our players in the last five years. The Saints defence simply couldn't cope.

Kuipers would be a close second. I would agree with Chappers that it was probably the best all-round performance I've seen from him, apart from his kicking (which would obviously be too much to ask!).

Again Crofts would be a close third for his brilliant performance and superb goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here