Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your last words as Southgate

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mine too…..

Really worried about reaction across the country if things don’t go well….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So proud. Drew and 10 kicks - love my country always :thumbsup: what a journey this summer eh x

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Southgate is useless.
Poor decisions, passive in substations and completely outfoxed by Mancini. Let’s get a 19 year old to take our fifth and probably decisive penalty. Let’s try and bring on two players to take penalties in the last minute.
Out thought, and lacking the necessary ability in such an important role, out for me!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Southgate is useless.
Poor decisions, passive in substations and completely outfoxed by Mancini. Let’s get a 19 year old to take our fifth and probably decisive penalty. Let’s try and bring on two players to take penalties in the last minute.
Out thought, and lacking the necessary ability in such an important role, out for me!

Southgate is still getting a lot right and I don't see a lot of better alternative candidates out there.

It would be a lot easier if we just sent some of the boys round and told Southgate to start Grealish and Foden otherwise he'll get a baseball bat to his kneecaps.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Shocking penalty management from Southgate and from half time the match was peak old England. Couldn’t get the ball and were over run.

No way he’s moving on but I fear that Southgate will fail to deliver and ultimately waste the best England squad of my lifetime.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Shocking penalty management from Southgate and from half time the match was peak old England. Couldn’t get the ball and were over run.

No way he’s moving on but I fear that Southgate will fail to deliver and ultimately waste the best England squad of my lifetime.
Completely agree. Penalty decisions were bordering on criminal. Southgate isn’t brave enough and unfortunately that cost us.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Absolute appalling from Southgate
Why bring on 2 pen takers with a minute to go
So they hardly kick the ball spend 2 hours bench warming
And then expect them to take a pen it’s like asking a tennis player with no warm up to ace Djokovic
Piss poor

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Tonight we go again. Don’t let this pain happen again. As a country we went from a semi World Cup to the final of a euros. We can do it. But do not ever let yourself have this feeling again.

Second half cost us. But it was a lovely time. Time for a new, new normal.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Absolute appalling from Southgate
Why bring on 2 pen takers with a minute to go
So they hardly kick the ball spend 2 hours bench warming
And then expect them to take a pen it’s like asking a tennis player with no warm up to ace Djokovic
Piss poor

As soon as I saw him making those subs that late I questioned it and feared the worst. Insanity to expect those two to deliver their best when the first time they have kicked a football all night is a penalty in a game of such significance. Why on earth not give them an actual 10 mins or more before that and actually try and go win the game?

Southgate played not to lose and got badly burnt.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Changed my opinion on Southgate during the tournament.

I think he’s done a great job, of course I disagreed with selections both squad and team, but we got to the final, fantastic achievement.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Started at home in a final with 7 defensive players and played 85% of the game in our own half what did lurches ugly brother think was going to happen against a side committed to attacking ? . Can you imagine someone like potter with that squad last night ? , he wouldn`t have kept all the pace and ingenuity on the bench until extra time , and everyone would still be celebrating today .

Can`t abide Southgate as a man and don`t rate him as a manager .

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Failed Middlesbrough manager. Tactical acumen of Frank Spencer. The legendary beret has been replaced by a waistcoat ! Completely and utterly out of his depth. Left his most creative players on the bench. I wonder if Grealish enjoyed watching the game as much as we did ?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Failed Middlesbrough manager. Tactical acumen of Frank Spencer. The legendary beret has been replaced by a waistcoat ! Completely and utterly out of his depth. Left his most creative players on the bench. I wonder if Grealish enjoyed watching the game as much as we did ?

When was the last time England got to a final of a major tournament?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here