Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your holidays where would you return to ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Byron Bay, NSW. Been three times in five years. Beautiful beaches, lush vegetation, happy hippy feel to the place. Can't wait to go again :smokin:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My favourite place is Zimbabwe, I lived there as a kid when it was Rhodesia and had a holiday there about 12 years ago. I will be returning there once Mugabe dies/is assasinated/ousted. It really was a fabulous place with very friendly people. Very very sad what is happening there.

A stroll alongside Victoria Falls followed by a meal at the Vic Falls hotel would be great :thumbs up:

I go to Ibiza every year and that is my 2nd favourite place, only a very small part of La Isla Blanca is like the image it seems to have here of drunken 18-30 louts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lemesos in Cyprus was going to live there in 1995 but oh thats too long a story but what a lovely place, only problem, I am told that since joining the EU it has become expensive.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
palau. if you are ever in the pacific area and looking for an island to visit i cannot recommend it highly enough. absolutely beautiful place, the people are wonderful.

what a bloody marvellous topic!
melbourne, cos its the most amazing city anywhere - so much live sport, so many gigs, top bars, little areas to discover. and the food is brilliant. BRILLIANT!
koh jum - a gorgeous, quiet little island in thailand. a wonderful, peaceful, quiet cliche - top place though
dingle, in kerry. glorious place.

me and me missus are thinking of going island hopping in greece next year, where is good? lots of good stuff about skiathos here, reckon i might pencil that place in. . . . .

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Keswick, Watergate Bay, West Wittering, France (most likely West Coast and South West Coast/Pyrenees), Cape Town, Venice, Dahab & Sharm-el-Sheikh (diving holidays!).

So many brilliant places to go back to... and so many new ones to explore.... just need a lottery win :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lemesos in Cyprus was going to live there in 1995 but oh thats too long a story but what a lovely place, only problem, I am told that since joining the EU it has become expensive.

Parts of CY have become ferociously expensive, largley due to the poor exchange rate on the Euro. This is coupled with the fact that most countries have used the introduction of the Euro as a way to "round up" prices.

We were in Larnaca in January and we noticed everything seemed dearer than last year, put this down to the exchange rate mostly. But also we stayed in Kyrenia in September, and that was ridiculously expensive. We found out that the government there had recently put tax on booze and cigarettes, where previously it was a tax free place, and also, the good old exchange rate, 3 Turkish lire to the £ whereas last year it was 2 lire to the £. I see now the rate has tumbled, so probably good value in Turkey again now, 2.2 Lire to the £

Stockholm with the kids, great quality of life great for kids, great for Dad's eyes.

Thaliand Islands, you can literally have a paradise beach to yourself.

Second the Pyranees, do I want to walk, cycle those beauts when the kids are older.

NY.

Love to do the Lakes north of Toronto again.

Apart from that I don't like going back, though I been to Prague many times - I wonder why?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Cappadocia, Turkey..... Tallinn...... Scilly Isles...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Florida, Salzburg, Egypt, particularly Cairo and the Peak District.

Rhodes was also nice in a Greek Island sort of a way.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Places I WOULDN'T go back to (and I say that because at the time it was so good, I remember it as it was and might...and I say might, be dissapointed if I go back)

Varadaro Beach - Cuba (15 years ago)

Goa Beach - India (10 years ago)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Port Douglas, Queensland. (an hour's drive north of Cairns, just past Yorkey's Knob).

Langkawi Island

Krakow

NOT TENERIFFE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here