Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your greatest EBAY buy or sell

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I bought a PS2 for £50 and it didnt work (finally got a refund from the sellar)

I bought another PS2 for £30 and it didnt work (finally got a refund from the sellar - different one to the above)

Given up on that route to replace our broken PS2. I now have 3 usless consoles if anyone is any good at fixing them! I could try selling them on e-bay I guess!!!!!

Opted to get a reconditioned one from Gaymer in the end for £45 (with a one year guarantee) and it works!!!

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
In Sheffield at the time The Arctic Monkeys hysteria was at it's height, I know a fellow who put onto ebay an item with the following description:

"you are bidding on a blank piece of paper onto which I have written the words Arctic Monkeys in black felt tip pen. It has no other association with the band although I do also live in the band's home town of Sheffield."

It sold for about £25 to a music memorabilia website :ohmy:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I bought a PS2 for £50 and it didnt work (finally got a refund from the sellar)

I bought another PS2 for £30 and it didnt work (finally got a refund from the sellar - different one to the above)

Given up on that route to replace our broken PS2. I now have 3 usless consoles if anyone is any good at fixing them! I could try selling them on e-bay I guess!!!!!

Opted to get a reconditioned one from Gaymer in the end for £45 (with a one year guarantee) and it works!!!

Try taking it apart ,Hoovering the dust out and cleaning the laser eye.If it is a disc read error then this should work.It worked on my one.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was cleaning out my loft and came across my old 70s hornby stuff.It was in a black bin sack and was pretty mullered.one train was complete but i dont think it worked and i stated that.the other had a set of wheels missing and the other hanging off!.It had a few carriages and some rusty track so a listed it at 99p.7 days and £70 later i was well happy!.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Recently ordered a "bag o Crap" from bigpockets.co.uk where they send you some random excess stock items. One of which was a mobile phone watch which I tohught noone would want. Stuck it on ebay for buy it now of £85 and it was sold in less than an hour.

That's a wicked idea, but bigpockets.co.uk appears not to be working at the moment. The phone number is a dead line. I'm wondering if this is temporary or permanent cos I just has a WIZARD idea for making some money :down:

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Prince Controversy 12" promo for £9- value at around £75.

Joy Division Komakino flexi 99p- dunno value, but years ago when I wanted one I'd written off ever getting one because it's a flexi disc and they bend/crease/tear/get lost/etc.

Sold - Van Morrison bootleg album on vinyl, part 2 of a 2lp set apparently.
$300, which was around £200 at the time. The buyer was in New Zealand, and after I got the dough (he sent cash) I asked him why pay so much? He said that he had part 1 but pt 2 was never seen. O....kay!

Bought - Jimmy Page solo 7inch single from 1965 for £4.99. It's very rare but it was poorly advertised, so I was the only bidder. The last one I'd seen sold for £750!
Got a printer/scanner/copier a couple of months ago for £12, picked it up myself from Seaford. It's fairly new and works great.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here