Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your ‘go to’ Film

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
ET - The Extraterrestrial

I have probably seen it over 100 times now

I simply ADORE it and always will

I haven't seen it for a long while now (it's one of those films I don't want to "wear out" and lose its magic) but is it true, in the opening scenes when the men run through the forest looking for the spaceship, they've digitally removed the guns and replaced them with bunches of keys? I read about it years but can't remember the details, but am very much hoping it hasn't been digitally altered in any way...

Can you enlighten me?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Shawshank
Seven
Usual Suspects
Gladiator
Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Sorry i couldn't name 1

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
I'll flip you. Flip you for real.

View attachment 121265

This, every time.

"You think you can catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like that comes THIS close to being caught and then sticks his neck out? If he comes up for anything it'll be to get rid of me.
And after that...my guess is you'll never hear from him again."

Still makes my hair stand on end. The twist ending to beat them all.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
‘If I come across it’ then I’ll watch it to the end what ever point it’s at category:
Pulp Fiction - Don't think I've seen the whole film.
Italian Job - Original
Oceans 11 (or 12) - Doing the rounds on TV right now. Seem to watch bits of it most nights.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
And High Plains Drifter. Magical films.

And let's add The Outlaw Josey Wales. I love that. They are all so powerful in a way modern films cannot capture. Modern action films are all fast action, loud noise and hand held cameras, but cannot capture the sheer power, delivered at the right pace, of the Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Also, notice the long quiet, pauses and facial shots that Leone uses in his films. Less is more, and there is power in silence. I think it is a masculine thing.

There, I am fininshed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Shawshank
Seven
Usual Suspects
Gladiator
Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Sorry i couldn't name 1

Certainly agree about Seven and the Usual Suspects. Pity both involve the now dodgy Kevin Spacey, who was superb in both

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Shirley You Can't be Serious? :lolol:

850cbf34f7afef5ca5abdbeaf1c23a0d.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"You think you can catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like that comes THIS close to being caught and then sticks his neck out? If he comes up for anything it'll be to get rid of me.
And after that...my guess is you'll never hear from him again."

Still makes my hair stand on end. The twist ending to beat them all.

It made my hair stand on end just reading that :clap:

First time I saw it, at the end, when (spoiler alert) the club foot 'heals' I just went 'no ****ing way! What? What!'

I managed to hold off about a week before just having to watch it again.

It took me about 5 watches to realise that 'how much of that did he make up?' is the wrong question. 'Was there even a single word of it that was true?' is the correct question. I know the whole thing is made up as it is a film, but you know what I mean :lolol: :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here