Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your FAVOURITE time of the year?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
spring/summer, when you know your at the beginning of a long spell of long warm days.

Plus what BoF said.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
pevensey awash with whiting
Yeah, i know..i fished the Woodyard last weekend and managed to get a Codling of 3 1/2 lb just after high ....just need a bit of a blow to colour the water up a bit...sunday looks pretty windy:clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like autumn, evenings drawing in, that crispness in the air, beautiful colours on the trees, and that lovely smoky bonfire/fireworks smell that lingers about, no matter how close you are to November 5th.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I like autumn, evenings drawing in, that crispness in the air, beautiful colours on the trees, and that lovely smoky bonfire/fireworks smell that lingers about, no matter how close you are to November 5th.

Agreed - also eating up the produce from the garden - real fires in pubs - autumn food (full of berries and thick with flavour).

In fact, I love the changing of the seasons - I enjoy all of them, their unique feelings and smells and then the gradual evolution into the next. It's one of the things that makes Britain such a lovely place to live.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Winter, no dissapointment on the weather, it's cold! Get out and about and then come back to a warm fire and soup ... F**k me I'm getting old ...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Time for a bit of consciousness-raising - do not limit yourself to just the four seasons that you are used to in England. Where I live in Borneo we have just two, quite different seasons - the wet season and the dry season. I personally love the start of the wet season - you get some wonderful thunderstorms, thunder and lightning crashing through the sky, often followed the next day by some of the most beautiful clear skies and vivid sunsets you can imagine. The swamp forests fill up with clear, peaty water that cast reflections on the sky, and become populated by many kinds of fish. My camp becomes a stilt village in a lake, and although that means the volleyball court is flooded and unplayable for the next six months, we do get all kinds of water snakes, monitor lizards and turtles cruising through camp. The rains also put out the seasonal fires that cause smoke haze to fill the sky. Incidentally, that time is roundabout now, and I'm loving it.

PS. a lot of people putting autumn, perhaps drawing from recent experiences. Would be interesting to ask the same question in the spring and see the range of answers, I would doubt autumn would do so well then.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Summer, Absolutely no question, actually surprised people are putting anything else:

-daylight
-no stress of watching the Albion!
-loads of festivals, something on Hove lawns every weekend
-sea swimming
-barbeques
-holidays
-world cups
-salads
-shorts
-clubs
-scantily clad ladies

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
High summer - a hot August bank Holiday probably, on the beach with a Jug o' Pimms and a group of good friends, with some banging tunes nearby

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Time for a bit of consciousness-raising - do not limit yourself to just the four seasons that you are used to in England. Where I live in Borneo we have just two, quite different seasons - the wet season and the dry season. I personally love the start of the wet season - you get some wonderful thunderstorms, thunder and lightning crashing through the sky, often followed the next day by some of the most beautiful clear skies and vivid sunsets you can imagine. The swamp forests fill up with clear, peaty water that cast reflections on the sky, and become populated by many kinds of fish. My camp becomes a stilt village in a lake, and although that means the volleyball court is flooded and unplayable for the next six months, we do get all kinds of water snakes, monitor lizards and turtles cruising through camp. The rains also put out the seasonal fires that cause smoke haze to fill the sky. Incidentally, that time is roundabout now, and I'm loving it.

Hey Kalimantan - we've talked about this before - when we moved back from Kuching, one of the things that struck me most was the seasonality in the UK. We'd only been in Borneo for 18 months, but it's amazing how quickly you forget the subtle ongoing change from one to the next.

Keep up the good work.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Totally agree...season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, close bosom-friend of the maturing sun....and all that. Pubs with warm fires, the football season getting under way for real, the first calls for the Brighton manager's head.

Kalimantan Gull, autumn would be tops whenever this question is asked - summer is really spent waiting for autumn, it's a staggeringly beautiful time of year.

I look at the kitchen window at the Great Wood over the bypass and every day the trees are a different colour, it's nature's very own exhibition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
April, the winter weather is behind us the future weather prospects are good. the football season is reaching a climax and the allotment is begining to take shape.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here