Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite season at the Withdean

What was/is your favourite season at the Withdean ?

• Division 4 - Adams 11th

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Division 4 - Adams 1st

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Division 3 - Adams/ Taylor 1st

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Championship - Hinshelwood/Coppell - relegated

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • League 1 - McGhee - promotied via play offs

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Championship - McGhee - survival

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Championsip - McGhee - relegated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • League 1 - McGhee/Booker/Wilkins - 17th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • League 1 - Wilkins 7th

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • League 1 - Adams/White/Slade ?

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What was/is your favourite season at the Withdean ?.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
the div 2 Championship for me, although the second half of the season in Div 1 with Coppell in charge was immense

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Championship survival year we had some fabulous away and home wins that season.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
in the eighties, leatherhead oxford etc !!!!! f***ing brill them days..you could walk from the pub with yer beer straight in the ground no questions....fantastic:wave:

Oct 25, 2003
the season when we won div 2

we were INCREDIBLE that year.......games like reading at home

zamora was way too good for that league, it was actually embarassing at times

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I too saw every game. Last season started with shit football and ended with some decent pass and move football. We were improving but then we know what happened next.

It was becoming more and more encouraging as it went on, plus I got settled in my little area and it was all very pleasant. The football wasn't as good as the 2 championship seasons, but for me personally, last season was great at the Withdean. I actually do love the place in a way. :blush:

Hopefully next season it will be a happier place, with more people regularly going.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
the coppell season for me. once he got things up and running we were superb and had he been appointed instead of hinshelwood we'd have stayed up that season, no question. do you remember the watford and derby home games, we were a genuine force in the championship. haven't hit those heights since.

closely followed by the league 1 (division three) title under taylor. unbeatable at home, almost unbeatable away - bobby was IMMENSE all season.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It's gotta be this season as it's the first season i've seen more than 5 games at home :clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Division 4 - Adams 1st for me, it remains to this day the only season where I did not miss a game and I thouroughly enjoyed all of them, we played some decent stuff back then and the away trips were immense.

And just a queury about this... League 1 - McGhee - promotied via play offs... Do you not give Coppell any credit for that season too? Remember we were four points clear when Knight let him go.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You are right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here