Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Rolling Stones song?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
'Can't you hear me knocking' from Sticky Fingers is up there too. I am a great fan of Keef when he was on form - but have always felt that Mick Taylor should get more credit for his guitar work. His solo on the second half of this track is a cracker.

Never really rated Ronnie Wood - just seems like because he was a party animal from his Faces days he was recruited to be a recreational pal for Keith.

That reminds me I have a copy of Keith's Biog that I must read, might give me a better insight?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sympathy for the Devil is simply my favourite song ever. I never tire of hearing it. It has everything.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
damn, read the thread title and instantly thought gimme shelter, but then read all the replies and its making it hard, Paint it black would have to be up there as its the first one i knew the words to cause as a kid i used to stay up to watch tour of duty and that was always played on the opening sequence. Love Mothers little helper too.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't make my mind up, so here's three:

Let it Loose
Its All Over Now
Little Queenie (from Get Your Ya Ya's Out)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sympathy for the Devil is simply my favourite song ever. I never tire of hearing it. It has everything.

I think I might be with you there.............. coming down Twickenham high road Oooh, oohing, after a day of too much of everything still ranks as one of my best ever concert days out as well.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just how much did Brian Jones into 'the stones' ?
He was what made them original. Lady Jane is a favourite followed by Not Fade Away. He added colour. Mick Taylor was brilliant. Loved 'It's only Rock Roll & the video. Ron Wood just a passenger I'm afraid.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
1/Tumbling Dice
2/Street Fighting Man
3/Sympathey For The Devil/ The Last Time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here