New Inn, Clitheroe
Mother's Ruin and Thekla, Bristol

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
In the past.
Shepherd & Dog in Faulking
Black Rabbit in Arundel
Cafe del Mar,San Antonio, any time especially at sunset.
Raffles Bar Singapore. Only place I know where littering is encouraged
Currently
A local bar owned and run by one of my neighbors.

Been in 3 of those! It is Fulking by the way...

Oh and the 5 Bells West Chiltington, it has been in the CAMRA Best Pub Guide forever and a day, 5 handpumps, 1 is always a Mild.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Been in 3 of those! It is Fulking by the way...

Oh and the 5 Bells West Chiltington, it has been in the CAMRA Best Pub Guide forever and a day, 5 handpumps, 1 is always a Mild.

I've been in three of them, too. I thought that Raffles bar was a tad touristy :shrug:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Lovely little boozer (among quite a few in Faversham, as I recall) - as well as the best name, of course.

As for the Shipwrghts, loved that place as well depite the slightly surly Kentish staff (all adds to the character, dunnit?). Bit of a step back in time, kind of the opposite of a gastro pub. We wanted food and ended up with a heated Gingster's sausage roll and some chips. No idea how you would manage the walk back down the creek after dark,.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My new local is The Gun on Gun Hill near Horam.
Sitting on the terrace on these glorious evenings, with a pint of Aspall cider, watching the lambs play in the adjacent meadow- what more could a person want?

Is that the new brewery taproom place? Can't wait to go there.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Too many to mention, but the Red Lion in Snargate on Romney Marsh was (and hopefully still is) a gem, the perfect village pub with a lovely garden. The landlady was a former land girl in her 80s who was insufferably rude and profoundly deaf (you had to literally shout your orders at her). I think she's passed on now, unfortuantely.

redlion2.PNG

redlion1.PNG

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Toad in the Hole in Worthing…… A full line up of all Hand Breweries beers including some collabs with Rake.’…. It’s all good.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Old Star - Shoreham. Proper old style pub, basic but welcoming, a real gem

And for a lazy Saturday or Sunday can't beat the Hanover pubs - Constant Service, The Greys and Sir Charles Napier

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite agree about Raffles, but probably the last time I will go through Singapore so had to have a Sling...

Sprain your wrist? ???

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here