Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite player in our CURRENT Albion squad...?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
How long would a LEAST favourite current Albion player thread last before it gets MODDED out?... Is it even worth starting one? :jester:

Michel; Perhaps our best goalkeeper - ever. Loyal and patient when (wrongly) replaced, full-focussed professional.

Dean Cox; Occasional trivialities off the pitch, but then he's willing to prove his value to the squad by hard work on the pitch. Has been known to have a great shot, and could practise it on opposition keepers more than he does.

Nicky Forster; As hungry for the ball, and the game, as any player. Very aware of the flight of a ball, he wins the 50/50 balls way more times than he has a right to. Can hold the ball up well for players to get into positions.

These are 'favourite' players by their abilities and traits in the squad. In my opinion, with the talents and abilities our squad already has at it's disposal there's NO reason why we shouldn't be running this division.
If we play to our squad member's strengths, the team will be amazing.
Sometimes I see The Albion playing into the hands of opposing teams, by making a lottery of it - handing over the initiative, waiving the player's strengths and putting the ball-possession basically up for grabs for whole matchs. That is as frustrating as all hell.
Yes, we could, easily, be running this division.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Virgo

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Considering in his first 2 seasons how often he was nominated MoM and wasn't he very close to player of the season AND considering his age and size, yet he still manages to hold his own in a league full of hoofers and donkeys then yes.

His form is shocking at the moment although against Man City he gave glimpses of what he can do.

Go on then. Tell me why you think he hasn't got talent.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Well I have gone for "The Hawk" 16 on the back of my away shirt, he is going to be a legend!!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Considering in his first 2 seasons how often he was nominated MoM and wasn't he very close to player of the season AND considering his age and size, yet he still manages to hold his own in a league full of hoofers and donkeys then yes.

His form is shocking at the moment although against Man City he gave glimpses of what he can do.

Pretty much covers it.

Also I would say he is a victim of our fairly thin squad in that he has had little pressure on his place and complacency has affected his form.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have to say, my fave player is Adam el Abd. He isn't the fastest, or the most skillful (although he is clearly the strongest) but he always plays with passion and clearly cares about the club.

I bet he wrestles crocodiles and grizzly bears in his spare time.

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Jakey, Jakey, Jakey, Jakey Robinson :bowdown:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1. Glenn Murray
2. Nicky Forster
3. Michel Kuipers

If our midfield was as sorted as our strike force we'd be RUNNING this league.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

Nope, you're entitled to your opinion, I just don't think he's particularly good that's all. But I wouldn't use the MoM as measurement, because he seemed to get a lot of them last season even when he had a crap game, it became a bit of a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here