showthread.php%3F177878-Falmer-Stadium-from-the-air&usg=__55t5D

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Macchu Picchu is fantastic
Christ the Redeemer is pretty impressive
Angkor Wat is amazing

But the Taj beats them all, in my opinion. Shame it is in such an utter shithole, and probably the worst town on the planet.

taj-mahal-on-a-sunset.jpg

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm probably the only person on NSC to have visited or even heard of this place, but my favourite landmark is Leshan Giant Buddha, in Sichuan (Central China).

A huge Buddha stone carving into a cliff that is 71m high and goes very deep into the cliff. The toes of the Buddha are bigger than a person. It took 90 years to construct (around 700-800 AD) and is situated on a river front. One wonders how the hell they built it in those days when only primitive tools were used and how they even got to that part of the cliff as it goes right on to the river. I would post a pic, but Mozilla seems to keep crashing everytime I do a Google image search.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm probably the only person on NSC to have visited or even heard of this place, but my favourite landmark is Leshan Giant Buddha, in Sichuan (Central China).

A huge Buddha stone carving into a cliff that is 71m high and goes very deep into the cliff. The toes of the Buddha are bigger than a person. It took 90 years to construct (around 700-800 AD) and is situated on a river front. One wonders how the hell they built it in those days when only primitive tools were used and how they even got to that part of the cliff as it goes right on to the river. I would post a pic, but Mozilla seems to keep crashing everytime I do a Google image search.

Leshan_Buddha_Statue_View.JPG

Wow!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

That looks incredible.

Added to my list.

Perhaps we could have one of these of Bloom cut into the Telscombe cliffs?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just back from Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewed from the Peak takes a lot of beating whether by day or night

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Macchu Picchu is fantastic
Christ the Redeemer is pretty impressive
Angkor Wat is amazing

But the Taj beats them all, in my opinion. Shame it is in such an utter shithole, and probably the worst town on the planet.

taj-mahal-on-a-sunset.jpg

Innit just. I was there with a few other NSCers and the first thing you see is taxi drivers beaten back by the police, with batons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here