Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite football Quotes.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
There are so many, funny, Bizarre, profound. What's yours?

Bill Shankley " people say football is not life or Death. I say to them, it's more important than that"

George Best "I spent my money on birds, booze and fast cars...... The rest I squandered"

Brian Clough "I wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business. But I'm definitely in the top 1"

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
one of my favourite stories came out of italia 90

bobby robson (manager) talking to bryan robson (captain)

sir bobby said "now bobby were gonna do this"

bryan replied with " i'm bryan,your bobby"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job." *

Cloughie on getting things done.*

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
"Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today." Northern Ireland's Steve Lomas.

"You either win or you lose. There's no in between." Terry Venables.

"They've got a corner in a very good position here." Stan Collymore.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
"I'm sure the England selectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, I'd want to run the show. They were shrewd, because that's exactly what I would have done." Brian Clough on not getting the England manager's job.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
The Best quote has always been one of my favourites but closely followed by the old we 'were hammed 5-0 and were lucky to get 0!'

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
for those of you watching in black & white,spurs are playing in yellow

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Two more from Cloughie "If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there"
"We sit down and talk about it for twenty minutes and then decide I was right" on a disagreement with a player
and of course Mullery " You're not worth that Palace"

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
The Best quote has always been one of my favourites but closely followed by the old we 'were hammed 5-0 and were lucky to get 0!'

Then again there was that teeth grindingly embarrassing quote from a footy commentator about describing Asa Hartford as a 'wholehearted player' seconds after describing his battle to overcome having a hole in his heart. the funny bit was the commentator trying to dig himself out of his faux pax!

away from football there was the famous cricket commentary 'the batsman's Holding the bowler's Willey'

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
"The great thing about being a football manger is when another manager phones up asking about a player you have, you can tell him to f*** off." Barry Fry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here