Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite "embarassing" record

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I don't see Crazy Horses or Thriller to be embarrassing tracks, they're both outstanding tracks.

But Scatman by Scatman John, that's embarrassing.

I used to slip it into the playlist every Saturday night at the bar I worked in whilst at uni and boogie away to it ashamedly when people were too drunk to notice.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Icy Gull said:
Take on me by Ah Ha , oh the embarassment :blush:

No need to be embarassed by THAT one. I am a massive aha fan and have every album including the recent ones such as Lifelines - which are even better than the early stuff. While the lyrics can be a bit random - I guess as English isn't their first language - the tunes and Morten's singing are fantastic. Hold your head high!

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Bluejuice said:
I don't see Crazy Horses or Thriller to be embarrassing tracks, they're both outstanding tracks.

But Scatman by Scatman John, that's embarrassing.

I used to slip it into the playlist every Saturday night at the bar I worked in whilst at uni and boogie away to it ashamedly when people were too drunk to notice.

Yup, that is embarrassing.

Jul 20, 2003
Re: Re: Your favourite "embarassing" record

Juan Albion said:
This is creepy - when I saw the thread title, I knew straight away which I would admit to. And there it is on the very first posting.

I will never admit to it, but I actually really like Crazy Horses too. Well, I guess I just did admit it.

"Crazy Horses, Waaa waaa!" Bloody Mormons.

Utah has the 2nd lowest average IQ of the 50 states

back to the thread, Crazy Horses is kick ass excellent.

My own secret shame is a the embarassingly good 'Would I Lie To You' - by Charles and Eddie

oh yeah

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Telegram Sam. T-Rex. :blush:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Mandy - Barry Manilow
Jackie - Scott Walker

Actually Scott Walker is an excellent test for whether I have had too much to drink, when I start to reach for his records, it's time to put the kettle on

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Favourite embarassing song? Embarassment by Madness

Five songs hated by most, loved by me...
Don't stop moving - S Club 7
Ain't no pleasin' you - Chas and Dave
The Minder theme tune. Wish I owned it.
The Proclaimers - Anything off of Sunshine on Leith (yes, i like a whole Proclaimers album)
Club Tropicana - Wham

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
so many novelty songs do I really have to pick 1?

I mean there's I LIKE 'LECTRIC MOTORS by Patrick D MARTIN

Or there is I'm an Indian too By Don Armando's Second Avenue Rhumba Band.

17 by the Regents

I'm a little Christmas cracker (bang a bang a bang that's me) by the bouncing cheques. (that ones seasonal tho)

need I go on........There are loads more I really like novelty (genuine ones not poor songs by bad bands like the Osmonds) songs as they have no pretension about being art, they are just fun and the good ones stand the test of time even if some (stand up the birdie song) get on yer tits.

As to Crazy Horses I used to be a Rock DJ (no honest I did) and I used to do competitions for the best air guitar etc. and I would get the dirtiest greasiest looking rockers on stage with the promise they were going to rock out to the rockiest tune ever mad to really show their air guitar skills off and then put on Crazy Horses! nearly got me lynched more than once I can tell you but hey I was young and foolish unlike now when I am old and stupid!

Jilted John, is now Frank Sidebottom or what ever that bloke in the big plastic head that plays a mini keyboard goes by the name of.

Last edited:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
El Presidente said:
" Are friends' electric" by Tubeway Army

Originally posted by Gullet
No way!!! What's embarrassing about that? It's a bloody great record. Oh well, everyone to their own.

Originally posted by Bwian
That's a great song-in fact, I'm listening to the "Shadows on the wall mix" version right now.

Originally posted by spidey
"Are friends Electric" - classic, don't be embarrassed.

Does this mean there are some Gary Numan fans on here?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
cheshunt seagull said:
Mandy - Barry Manilow
Jackie - Scott Walker

Actually Scott Walker is an excellent test for whether I have had too much to drink, when I start to reach for his records, it's time to put the kettle on

Whatever happened to Scott Walker? This seems to be the right thread to venture my opinion that his voice had more soul than ANY other singer I have ever heard. Some of his musical choices were shite, Jackie not being one of them. That is a terrific song.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I own the Don Jonson album and everything by Duran Duran but my favourite is 'Unbelievable' by EMF.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Icy Gull said:
Whatever happened to Scott Walker? This seems to be the right thread to venture my opinion that his voice had more soul than ANY other singer I have ever heard. Some of his musical choices were shite, Jackie not being one of them. That is a terrific song.

Agree. Always been a tad on the reclusive side but most recently produced Pulp album - We Love Life and curated Meltdown Festival in 2000. "Scott Walker sings Jacques Brel" is a must-have album and his most recent album Tilt is superb, if challenging.

But anyway - back to embarassing records you really Really REALLY love.

Videotheque - Dollar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here