Votes: 217 56.2%
  • Wills

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Mark my words, it'll take two years, but Gargan will score against us in the not-too-distant future....knee maybe worse than let on at first?

Could we jusy understand the process here.

They are all out of contract.

League rules say that we have to offer them the same terms as their previous contract, and if, or more likely, when they refuse that , then they are out of contract and can leave. If no-one comes in for them , then they can reconsider the offer made to them.

We could of course offer them better terms than they were on.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Exactly what we needed, complete overhaul. Now lets just see who Slade brings in to build our squad.

Most shocked about Sullivan, Fraser and Loft. Thought they would get a deal as well as the people that did.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I do however think we need to trust RS judgement. Some of the over-reaction on here is incredible:ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some of the over-reaction on here is incredible:ohmy:

Yes indeed.

Can't understand anybody being shocked by Hinshelwood being let go. He's suffered some horrendous injuries over the years, fair play he's got himself back, but he's nowhere near the player he was when he first came into the side. He looks slow, he's error prone, and towards the end of the season he made me nervous every time he got on the pitch.

Fraser is possibly slightly unlucky, but like somebody said, the only reason players get released is because the club declines to offer them more money than they're already on. Presumably Slade thinks he can get better for the wages we pay Fraser. Plus he's never quite made himself a regular, he's always been on the fringes.

Sullivan: well all things considered, there wasn't much difference between him and Kuipers last season, both made mistakes. The problem for Sullivan is presumably that Kuipers is on a longer contract, one of them needs to go because we need a better keeper for this level and can't be paying three pro keepers, so it's not going to be Michel.

And Loft had some good games at the end, but ultimately I don't think he's considered to have the pace necessary to be a success at this level.

The rest are either no surprise, or not relevant because they're not our players anyway.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
ill miss sully cus he's a very good keeper for his age, and ill miss robinson cus i feel he still had something to give at the club

but i do trust slade and im hoping this wont be a mistake at the end of next season

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Much as it pains me to say it, my father is forever going on about there being money for the stadium, so why is there no money for decent players and with this clearout, I'd imagine money will now be forthcoming to build a promotion chasing squad...

The wisdom of age!?

:thumbsup:

I don't think that's true. You can offer them what you want, as we did with Mayo and Hart last year when they took a pay cut.

I think the rule you're talking about is when an out-of-contract player is under 24 and therefore compensation must be paid if another club wants them. So, if for example, we wanted to keep Fraser but he agreed to join another club, compensation would have to be paid if we had offered him at least what he's on now. But had we offered him less, the other club could take him for free. As far as simply negotiating with out-of-contract players, I'm sure you can offer them anything.

might be - i was just spouting off about something i KNOW NOTHING ABOUT:yahoo:

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
floating around mid table in league one then fraser and loft are good enough - if you want to be pushing for the championship though and staying there, as russell seems to be wanting to do, then they are probably not

its good to see a manager attempting to move us forward, as opposed to retaining the players in a side that struggled for 75% of the season

Spot on :thumbsup:

I think we should take all of the activity that has happened as a measure of what RS has in mind for the future of this club.

Think its ridiculous that some people on here have been branding words like "f*** up" and "backlash" already...

I'm looking forward to the coming weeks to see what surprises will unfold.

Bring on pre-season then lets start 09/10 whippin' some serious butt. :bounce::bounce:

Fraser ..........maybe?

Well done Slade, for being bold.

Too many non descript players at our club. Quality not Quantity next season please.

I have more faith in Slade than some of our recent manager's. This man knows what BHA need to get promotion. He is turning into an excellent Manager at all levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here