Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your best away day

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Play off final in Cardiff, Peterborough in our 'cup final', Walsall away to win the league and Forest away under Oscar. So many good recent memories :-D

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Play-off finals and FA cup Semi's at neutral venues clearly don't count as away (My memory of the playoff final was that we were pretty drab but then got a late pen - so good outcome (but a nervous day)) . Hereford was just torture - and even though we survived it was dark days. Yesterday was one of the most joyous awaydays that I can remember

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
you must be getting confused with a cup game against Chelsea ? I wasn't at the BHA/Palace replay but thought the crowd was around 18k ,might be wrong
regardd
DR

might have been even less than that Das

we had the shed

palace turn out was poor in the open end

mind you,the game had been called off a couple of times already,which probably ****ed everybody's plans to go to the game

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Stamford Bridge, 5 September 1910. Absolute mayhem in the South stand when Webb's winner went in, bowlers and cloth caps being luzzed all over the shop. Great days, great guys.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Burnley, mid 2000's, beer festival under the main stand. Not sure how they got a licence for that on a match day.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Leeds three seasons ago when we got El Hadji Diuof sent off, and Ulloa scored a late winner to ensure a place in the play-offs was pretty good. Rowdy, exciting, right result.

The whole Hereford weekend was tortuous, and although I enjoyed it after the match, I can't say I enjoyed much before or during.

Brentford 1987 with that goal from Nelson was special too - one of those with a cracking atmosphere for no real great reason.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Apart from the goal, and the final whistle, I hated every minute of that 90 minutes....even that bloke hooking the ball straight to our keeper Ormerod, in the last minute could have killed the club off. Horrible day.

all well that ends well, started by getting p******* then chased across a duel carriage way, nearly run over by unmarked police car (who protected 3 of from the 200 or so "welsh"(I'm sure allot of them were cardiff) fans who then smashed a coach up, finally at the ground I laughed, cried in sadness and then finished by crying with joy....all in a few hours, the entire experience was WONDERFUL! not many afternoons you can go through that many emotions in just a few hours!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Hereford was just horrible, and with the outcome if we lost, it was just too awful to think about.
So Newcastle has to be the best, giving us our highest ever finish and promotion to the promised land.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Hereford - the only point I saw us get in 13 away games halt at season.

Chester 7-1, hello Bobby and welcome

Winning at Hull with 9 men on a weekday night

Late winner st Sheff utd from Leon

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
all well that ends well, started by getting p******* then chased across a duel carriage way, nearly run over by unmarked police car (who protected 3 of from the 200 or so "welsh"(I'm sure allot of them were cardiff) fans who then smashed a coach up, finally at the ground I laughed, cried in sadness and then finished by crying with joy....all in a few hours, the entire experience was WONDERFUL! not many afternoons you can go through that many emotions in just a few hours!

Remember looking over the wall in the corner at half time and seeing a few fans milling about outside,all the talk i heard at the time was that Westham Cardiff and Portsmouth had turned up too,but who would side with who was a mystery......never felt such relief

We ended up in Yeovil on the evening and somebody saw Brighton on the telly in a pub,everybody rushed and the bouncers faces..priceless

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I was 10, so thankfully exempt from the third one.

I have probably told this story before,at the station coming home they were handing out posters(small ones) cannot remember what was on them something I am sure about us going into the 1st division.
so I took mine home and thought it a good idea to put it into the window, staggering about it took me ages to get it straight sellotape everywhere but after some time I got it right and went to bed.
went out the next day (I have this idea it was to see them digging up the goldstone for a new pitch?) but on turning around to see my good work only to find I had put it upside down.
pissed,stupid that night but so happy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here