Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your bad experiences of amatuer football

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Lets hear it then. Have you witnessed a HORRENDOUS injury in Sunday League?

Has there been a bit of RACISM in a match?

Have teams ever WALKED OFF?

I ask this as last night (5-a-side at Pitch Invasion) we were fortunate enough to unleash a ROUT on our relegation rivals. By 7-1 they had resorted to KICKING us off the ball, deliberately hand balling it and making terrible challenges, claiming "the ref should stop the f***ng game as we can't win"

Anyway, their terrible attitute made me WONDER.

GO.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Seen a couple of full blown riots down at Waterhall Pitch Invasion, Westows used to get quite tasty on occasions as well!

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Lets hear it then. Have you witnessed a HORRENDOUS injury in Sunday League?

Has there been a bit of RACISM in a match?

Have teams ever WALKED OFF?

I ask this as last night (5-a-side at Pitch Invasion) we were fortunate enough to unleash a ROUT on our relegation rivals. By 7-1 they had resorted to KICKING us off the ball, deliberately hand balling it and making terrible challenges, claiming "the ref should stop the f***ng game as we can't win"

Anyway, their terrible attitute made me WONDER.

GO.

I played in a 5 a side tournament recently and I sure one of the teams were on day release ...bunch of nutters!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
As posted yesterday, 2 inches of shin poking through my skin wasn't a pretty sight and it ended any chance of me making a career from football.

Also played in Sunday sides that loved having a ruck.. 1 of our lads twatted a ref and as far as I'm aware is still wanted by the police for it!

Witnessed one of my team mates snapping his cruciate, the noise from that sounded like a gunshot! Very nasty that was!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Not while playing football. But during a rugby match, probably when I was 15 one of the kids on the opposing team had his shin snapped in a tackle. Ambulance came and took him away. f***ing pussy.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Saw a ref punched to the floor at a tournament for grocery wholesalers. Hit his head on the artificial pitch as he went down and went off in an ambulance, out cold. His assailant scarpered before the police arrived, and his team mates claimed never to have seen him before, but that they'd picked him up on the way, as he was stood on a street corner, looking for a game of football! Still, I suspect the police turned up at the warehouse the following week.

Been threatened with being stabbed numerous times in pub football in Nottingham.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
A couple of racial insults directed my way. A couple of hefty challenges later and they weren't so noisy.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I saw a sickening incident at a Shoreham match once. A bit of a scuffle for the ball and then one bloke turned round and full on kicked the other lad in the head while he was down. Nasty, not unlike that Hartson licking Berkhovic

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have just remembered a CLASSIC from Pitch invasion.

about 2 months ago our player NUDGED there's when on the ball.

There player's momentum took him straight into a HEFTY player.

Said player then lay on the floor in tears holding his arm which pointed the wrong way.

In his shock-ridden state he then proceeded to SHOUT about how he would MURDER our player. The method he specified was "cut you"

He continued to shout this for about 5 mins. Luckily one of his team mates ran over saying "It's alright, i know this guy". We thought he was here to calm the situation and insist it was an accident. He then followed with "So i know where he lives". Brilliant.

The injured guy then claimed "I'm from Whitehawk mate, I'm gonna f*** you up" to which we replied "not with that arm"....

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I was playing on the bottom pitch and Stanmer park in the early 80's and saw a terrible injury. Our left winger was flying down the wing when the defender did a sliding tackle. our guy jumped to avoid the tackle, but his right boot studs, caught the the defenders in the face.
Those of you that played in those days will remember how bad the studs were back then. If you hit a stone you would get sharp bits and one of these caught the poor sod in the face and took a fair chunk of his nose off.
It was horrible.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Playing Sunday League football in my younger days I cut my knee open in a sliding tackle. I slid in played the ball off the other player in the tackle to win the throw in. I got up took the throw in and thought something didn't feel right, looked down and saw a 5 or 6 inch long cut across my knee at 45 degrees with only a tiny trickle of blood. Had to jog across the pitch to tell my manager I needed to come off, then spent about 20 mins waiting while our supporters decided who was going to drive me to hospital. Got to hospital, had the wound cleaned and some clingfilm put over it to keep it clean, the blood started pissing out then. Eventually got it stitched up and was out of action for about 6 weeks. Next game and my replacement scores a hat-trick from right back and I am on the bench for pretty much the rest of the season.

Same season saw us battering a side 5-0 at half time in a cup game. They were at least 2 divs above us and weren't happy, so much so that as the ref called us out for the start of the second half a couple of their players had a punch up between themselves. The ref wanted to send them off but we talked him out of it as we said they were fighting amoungst themselves not against us, the ref let them stay on. We ended up winning 9-2.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Worst injury I endured was breaking my nose when I went up for a header on the half way line and found myself nutted by at least three other players. However, as I sat in Winchester A&E for 3 hours, the sight of another Sunday league player being helped in with broken ribs and jumping the queue did put my woes into perspective.

Racism: playing football in Southampton the ball went miles in the air and as it was coming down our fat right back screamed "YOU f***ing ******" with this rage in his face, at the black guy on their team challenging for the dropping ball. It was shameful.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Racism: playing football in Southampton the ball went miles in the air and as it was coming down our fat right back screamed "YOU f***ing ******" with this rage in his face, at the black guy on their team challenging for the dropping ball. It was shameful.

Oh my

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Playing a match at Sussex Uni and heard a leg break from another pitch!
Sub in one game, my first match for this particular club, when a player ran off the pitch and into the dressing room. another guy said "can you go and check on him?". I ran to the changing room and he was laying down on the bench having a heart attack! It was in the days before mobiles, so I ran up to New Church Road (game was at Wish Rd) and saw an ambulance and tried to flag it down but it wouldn't stop (apparently ambulances are not allowed to stop for an emergency!). Called an ambulance from a phone box. Turns out this lad, was having his 3rd heart attack and he was only about 23!

Playing in a Cup Final and was losing 1-0 when a team mate pushed me in the back and said "f***ing run", I turned around and thumped him right in front of the Ref! Sent off but everyone on the team said afterwards, "we have been wanting to do that all season!"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watching Junior break his leg in a game was not really much fun

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I played in a Sunday League game under 15s where one of the dads bit the opposing managers ear off after the game, for no apprent reason.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1937146.stm

The bloke was a nutcase, from memory it was the first game he had been to.

WOW. This thread is unleashing some FAMOUS stories.

Seeing that guy on crutches reminds me of one of the dads of the opposition (Last year playing sunday league)

Let's just say him and his son had similar personalitys. Ok,Ok, they were both scum who couldnt sting a sentence together.

Anyway the son did a horrible tackle and was sent off (which for sunday league is v. unusual). The dad walked over to our manager (acting as a linesman) and hit him with his crutches. The managers wife said "don't hit my husband" to which crutchy then swore at her. Her son then ran over shouting "Don't talk to my mum like that!!!"

It was like bloody Jeremy Kyle.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Playing at Lancaster Uni, for Liverpool JMU, when one of our players broke his leg. It took (literally) an HOUR for the ambulance to arrive. Shameful. Poor lad. On the bright side though, I scored two, in a 3-1 win!

Most PAIN I've ever seen anybody in, was when one of our team broke his collarbone a couple of years back. He went grey! Looked SORE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here