Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Amex Neighbours

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Indeed I am in WSL row C so the perspective isn't the best, so when we are attacking I stand.

Standard. Im about 9/10 rows back and the view is awesome but I'll always stand up if we get a sniff at goal. I do love standing at football but for most of the time at the amex i would expect most in the WSL to be seated. Having said that the atmosphere at Brentford last season was one of the best experiences at a Brighton game I can remember for a long long time and that was standing the whle game!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I think you are as it was clearly stated at the presentations that only a blind eye would be tuned to the last 4 rows.
If you feel the need to stand why did you not go further back ?

And the parent is certainly not going to let you restrict their view all season !

Fair enough, but it's the north stand for Christs sake... don't you think i would have gone further back if there were seats available? I didn't pick row Q because i liked the look of the letter, i'm just so annoyed that i'll have to behave and watch my language when all I want to do is go mental for 90mins

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
WSU Row V right on the half way line. i have a bloke and his daughty next to me, they seem sound, and my mates the other side, only problem is i did have an old bloke behind me and kept apologising when i stood, however somtimes it cant be helped.

there seems to be a group of 6 in front of me, which seem to know what they are talking about and solid singers too.

a few rows down from there were a group of 3 blokes who seem good value, always singing and standing, sneaked in a pint at half time before getting it taken off them. (however i wouldnt want to be directly behind them.

all in all it seems great and the atmosphere of the whole stand and ground was brilliant.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The people around me in H Block WSU seem pretty decent. My son didn't have a flag but two people gave him theirs (so we could take home one for my daughter as well). There seemed to be plenty of people singing - my lad was a bit intimidated by the noise but by the last ten minutes he was shouting and clapping so he wasn't too intimidated. The only fly in the ointment was some bloke in the row in front of me who seemed intent on picking a fight with people around him, can see him being chucked out before the end of the season.

The other fly in the ointment is bloody Mendoza six rows in front of me :)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
that was me and my dad. He's got cancer and dementia and has celilitas in his legs and can only walk so far then needs to sit down for half an hour so we left, so we'd be first on the train otherwise it would be a nightmare for him queuing.
Fair enough mate. Shame because you really missed the celebration of the last goal.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
People around me seemed fine i am in WSU block C. I think the man behind me was with his son who had come over from Holland if i heard right. I went a tad crazy when we scored the winner and for some reason ran down the steps and had random hugs with strangers.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
A very lucky boy. North stand, Row S. The fella next to me looked at me as I was bout to sit down, and went "Get up you silly sod. It's going to be standing here!"

Mind you I have warned him that Krispies is still on holiday, and heaven knows what he will think when he shows up!

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I got showered by saliva every time the bloke behind me shouted WANKER, which seemed every ten minutes or so (generally for no reason). I'm not looking forward to a season of that.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
very disappointed!!!!
the bloke sitting infront of me had the worst body odour ever. I could barely concentrate on the match.:annoyed:

When Buckley netted the winner he has jumping up and down with his hands up, and I almost threw up. I left my seat before the final whistle because of it.

I think it is highly disrespectful, rude, and not to mention disgusting that someone would go to a public event in such a way.

Next game I am going to bring one of theose deodorant bullet things, and give it to him. And if the problem persists I will make a complaint.

I usually wouldn't make a fuss over a odd smell, but this was just rank.

:sick:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Right. I purchased tickets in the north stand, row Q. Directly behind me is a bloke with his two young kids. I bought tickets in the north stand so I could be loud, jump about, stand up for long periods, sing and swear. I'm f***ing pissed off that they are sat there! There is a family stand for a reason, and if he was that bothered about being in the north, why couldn't he go down the front? I decided to stand during pretty much the whole of the 2nd half because I felt I should start as I mean to continue but the poor kids probably couldn't see much and it's not their fault. Am I out of order?

Yes, you are totally out of order.

How difficult is it to act in a way which doesn't cause offence or annoy other people?

Why is it so important to swear at a football match?

Grow up and behave like an adult not like a spoilt child.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
We're in the East. Nice old lady next to me, family in front who complained about some swearing, but who did say thanks when a less offensive word was used next time, two babes behind and a bloke who probably hasn't been to a game since Gus has been in charge as he kept shouting to get the ball forward - "route one!"

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

kikapu

Apr 26, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
had a great time row p north stand right in the middle i have my 10 year old with me and 4 other friends, it was his first ever football game, stood on his chair sometimes had a great view, he loved it and cant wait till the next match, he liked the referee is a wa***r. up the albion

I think I must be in front of you:wave:

I'm in Row O right in the middle, there's me my sister in-law and her partner. My sister in-law's is 5 foot so can't see much when people stand. :lolol:
She said she's wearing high heals next game. :laugh:

The bloke next to me is massive, tall as well as large, seemed like a nice bloke.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Yes, you are totally out of order.

How difficult is it to act in a way which doesn't cause offence or annoy other people?

Why is it so important to swear at a football match?

Grow up and behave like an adult not like a spoilt child.

You don't think they should be in the family stand then? And if they choose to sit in the north stand (which they would have been told at the presentation would be noisy and boisterous like I was told) they should expect a bit of potty language and people standing and jumping about? When did I ever say it was important to swear at a football match? In my opinion they are in the WRONG stand but for what it's worth I had already decided to make an effort to sit down (whilst everyone else around me is standing up) so the kids behind me can see whats going on, as I already stated, it's not their fault.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
People around me seemed fine i am in WSU block C. I think the man behind me was with his son who had come over from Holland if i heard right. I went a tad crazy when we scored the winner and for some reason ran down the steps and had random hugs with strangers.

I'm in WSU C, Everyone around me seems ok, plenty of noise, a few of NSC's finest a few rows behind me, got a couple of strange looks from the families in front of me when belting out build a bonfire though.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
You don't think they should be in the family stand then? And if they choose to sit in the north stand (which they would have been told at the presentation would be noisy and boisterous like I was told) they should expect a bit of potty language and people standing and jumping about? When did I ever say it was important to swear at a football match? In my opinion they are in the WRONG stand but for what it's worth I had already decided to make an effort to sit down (whilst everyone else around me is standing up) so the kids behind me can see whats going on, as I already stated, it's not their fault.

Probably they should have got tickets in the family stand. But maybe the tickets belong to someone else who couldn't go to yesterday's game and lent them to the kids?

I swear alot. However, if someone asks me to stop, I do so. It is no great hardship

I don't stand up at football matches when I've got a seat, i really don't understand the urge to stand up.

What is the point of upsetting people for no reason?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here