Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your all GAY

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Brovian said:
We didn't assume anything, we're just going on what you told us. 'Your' isn't shorthand for "you're", it's a completely different word with a different meaning, it would be like saying that "we're" and "were" are the same.

So what are you then? Gay or thick?
mate, calm down 'YOUR' clearly stressed. I was fuckin bored and posted it as a joke. f*** off u twat (u being shorthand for YOU)

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
brighton_b0y said:
mate, calm down 'YOUR' clearly stressed. I was fuckin bored and posted it as a joke. f*** off u twat (u being shorthand for YOU)

No, you see, you've done it again.

You should have used YOU'RE not YOUR.

How many times will we have to tell you?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lets go back to basics then.

YOUR - as in belonging to YOU
YOU'RE - as in an abbreviation of YOU ARE
YORE - as in a bygone age
YAW - as in the course of a vehicle or craft, in conjunction with 'pitch'
YYYEEEEEOOOORRRRR - what everyone says when we nearly score a goal

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
brighton_b0y said:
Stressed? I'm not the one losing my rag and swearing!

Yes, ok, it was a joke, extremely funny "your all gay" Sidesplitting stuff. Still, from your comments I guess you feel a bit stupid. Take a bit more care in future.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Brovian said:
Still, from your comments I guess you feel a bit stupid. Take a bit more care in future.

nah you see I would have (or is it would've?) put the line beginning with "Take" onto (or is it on-to or on to?) its (its or it's?)own seperate line underneath! (that right to end with a !, or is it "end with an !"?)

I am or I'm or Im lost :shootself :p

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Brilliant thread. I do love a good bit of grammar banter.

Brighton Boy; my only bit of advice to you would be to post threads about your favourite type of bread or corn snack when you're bored. That seems to do the trick for me and avoids getting people all stressy.

Class Avatar Crabtree :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Phaedrus said:
Class Avatar Crabtree :lolol:

Yes it is is'nt it!

Yes it is, is it not?

I agree with your compliments my dear Phaedrus!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrammmmmmmmmmmer!

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
CrabtreeBHA said:
Yes it is is'nt it!

It's amazing that so many people speak and read English isn't it? How the f*** would one explain a sentence like that to Johnny Foreigner?

Teaching English As A Foreign Language must be a nightmare. I reckon people only do it to get in the panties/pantaloons of young Spanish folk.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Phaedrus said:
CrabtreeBHA said:
Yes it is is'nt it!

It's amazing that so many people speak and read English isn't it? How the f*** would one explain a sentence like that to Johnny Foreigner?

Teaching English As A Foreign Language must be a nightmare. I reckon people only do it to get in the panties/pantaloons of young Spanish folk.

From "YOUR" reply I assume you have never taught English to someone from a foreign region. Therefore I feel you should have said " English "May" be a nightmare", as you have no definate knowledge of this.

TAXI....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
teaching foreigners English must be hard, for example:

The Greengrocer has to produce the produce.

The plane landed in a plain field.

many others I cant think of, remember them from Countdown for some reason
???

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
The Northstander said:
From "YOUR" reply I assume you have never taught English to someone from a foreign region. Therefore I feel you should have said " English "May" be a nightmare", as you have no definate knowledge of this.

TAXI....

:lolol: :lolol:

You're right, I've never taught English to anyone but I think in this sense the word 'must' is appropriate to emphasive and accentuate the nature of the task, as if it were spoken, eg; "Good Lord, her tit's are huge, she MUST have terrible trouble in finding a bra to contain those massive pillows". Of course the fact may be that she has no trouble at all (she may even have them specialy made for example) but the use of the word 'must' gives a more powerful descriptive angle to the point of the subject ie; her huge kahoonas.

COAT

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Phaedrus said:

"Good Lord, her tit's are huge, she MUST have terrible trouble in finding a bra to contain those massive pillows".

:rolleyes:

Surely her TITS are huge, as I don't believe that "her tit is are huge" is a proper sentance.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Could mean URE GAY?

Ian Ure (Manchester United)

These days, Ian Ure doesn't get too caught up in the Scottish game, partly because of the number of very average foreign players in the game. Now 60, he's employed as a social worker at Low Moss Prison, having completed a course at Jordanhill in 1980 and having done a stint at Barlinnie in 1983 (work-related, of course). But if Ure isn't involved in the game now, he is one defender who has still to keep an eye on offenders, for Low Moss is officially Scotland's most violent prison. It's OK, centre-forwards, you're safe now.

:jester: :lolol:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
this whole thread has turned into a monster :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here