Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your 1st ever Professional league game you saw

Albion v Watford New Years Day 1983 at the Goldstone. 1 - 1 draw I think and a dreadful game.

Got the programme off eBay a year or so ago - spookily Melia's notes mentioned the FA cup and said words to the effect that he thought it was going to be a good year in the cup for Albion. But then again managers don't usually write "I expect we will embarass ourselves and get knocked out in our first tie" do they?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't actually know for certain. It was either Albion vs Grimsby, Feb 9th 1974 or Leicester vs Carlisle at Filbert Street. Unbelievable now, but they were 1st and 2nd in division 1 at the time:eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
huddersfield Town v Newcastle

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There's more - the game involved "trouble in the West Stand" which the club apologised for saying that "tickets got into the hands of people who should not have been able to buy them"

:lolol: I was 5 at the time and think I was in the North stand, ill have to have words with my grandad when I see him on Friday and make sure he was got them legitimatly!

According to my mother, it was her father who took me to my first game :eek:(at Selhurst though):eek: sometime in the late 1950's when I would have been 5 or 6. Fortunately, the memory banks have been successfully corrupted/wiped and I have no memory whatsoever of what must have been a traumatic event.

Formal education resumed when my father took me to my first Goldstone game against Bristol Rovers on 27th August 1960 which we won 6-0 (Thorne x4, Curry and Jones).

A someone posted on here a few weeks back, the opening of the Falmer stadium may well coincide with my 50th anniversary of watching the Albion. Guess I better start saving now as I can see having to buy a few pints of Harveys that day (NB moaners are not invited).

1066gull

i'll bump this in 8 years when i have a decade of seasons under my belt...

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Chelsea v Newcastle 1-1, circa 1970 at a guess.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
BHA 0 - 2 Norwich city 2002-03 season , at Withdean, Zamora injured right in front of me, also 1st game of 12 in a row, all of which were losses, culminating in a 5-0 drubbing at the dump...
Not a bad way to start eh?.... :-(

i dont go to many games as i live over 6000miles in the tropics!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here