Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your 1st Albion vs palace game.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Forgive me if it's been done recently but what was yours?
Mine was Saturday 15th September 1984, and it was also my 1st Albion match. I stood in the chicken run in the east stand at the goldstone with my grandad. We won 1-0, there were scuffles in the south stand amidst chants of "just because you're looooosing" I was hooked.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
3-1 win on Boxing day 1988.....

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Feb 24 1976 when we beat them 2-0 with Sammy Morgan getting both. Was also the first time I'd been in a 30,000+ crowd at the Goldstone & a night I'll always remember.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Feb 24 1976 when we beat them 2-0 with Sammy Morgan getting both. Was also the first time I'd been in a 30,000+ crowd at the Goldstone & a night I'll always remember.
That was mine, too. The night the 'Seagulls' chant was first invented, I believe. Over 30,000 for a Divsion 3 clash (I don't think either team were right at the top at that stage either). Incredible atmosphere - that was the night that got me hooked on football.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
That was mine, too. The night the 'Seagulls' chant was first invented, I believe. Over 30,000 for a Divsion 3 clash (I don't think either team were right at the top at that stage either). Incredible atmosphere - that was the night that got me hooked on football.

Yep....my first too - poor old Dolphins. Got a bit hairy up Newton Road, if I remember right.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

My first as well I think - certainly the first game I can remember anything about although I had been to a few games from about 1974. I was on the benches at the back of the south stand and span my home-made wooden rattle so enthusiastically that the rather hefty end shot off into the crowd.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
My first was that rather tedious 0-0 draw (though we deserved to win) at Withdean.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
before you all call me a jlc or whatever, my first brighton game was in 1994 at four years old, been a regular ever since. HOWEVER, my first brighton v palace game was unfortunately at the amex in september. i'll be on my first trip to selhurst on tuesday to watch us take revenge on those pikey scum.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
before you all call me a jlc or whatever, my first brighton game was in 1994 at four years old, been a regular ever since. HOWEVER, my first brighton v palace game was unfortunately at the amex in september. i'll be on my first trip to selhurst on tuesday to watch us take revenge on those pikey scum.

Good for you my fine friend. You're at the start of the Albion adventure. May you watch many victories over the pikeys in the future. This, of course will only occur in cup games as we'll be lording it over them in the prem while they are stuck in the lower leagues.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Boxing day 1988 3-1 WIN

2nd game that one easter monday kelvin morton...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here