Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yougov poll shows Lib Dems at 8%

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The only economy the LibDems understand is economy of truth.

8% ? I demand a recount.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With their current poll rating will they go back to calling themselves The Liberal Party ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
At 8% that would be around 9/11 seats ? Clegg would do well to hold on even if he has at the moment a large majority. Baker ? Interestinly Paddy Power give Tim Farron ( i believe will vote NO (?) @ 6/1 Next Leader.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With their current poll rating will they go back to calling themselves The Liberal Party ?

Undemocratic? What, like the Labour Party who ignored the majority of their own members and MPs and chose Ed Miliband over his more capable brother?

Sure, pan the Lib Dems but also consider for a second the other options:

a) Shambolic Labour Party bereft of ideas led by union favourite Red Ed, or
b) Minority Tory government unrestrained by Lib Dem common sense free to ditch "fairness" in favour of cuts, cuts and more cuts.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Fun fact: Nick Clegg's ego is, besides the Great Wall of China, the only man-made feature on Earth's surface that can be seen from the International Space Station.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
At these poll ratings the LIB(liar)DEMS will soon be able to fit into an old telephone kiosk, as could the old Liberal Party in the days when they ONLY had six MPs.

Traitor Clegg has only one escape route, to become an Irish Brigand MP.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As for students, there's too many of them doing too many junk courses.

I often see this quoted but never backed up with figures, beyond anecdotal evidence cleaned from the tabloid press.

Exactly how many "junk" courses are there out there ?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Amazing, 41% between Labour and Tories.....i'm sorry, wasn't it Tories that wanted to introduce this f***ing bill!?

The coalition agreement CLEARLY stated that Lib Dem MP's may vote against any motion before the House of Commons.

Goes back to my politics' teachers philosophy: "People are thick; Individuals are intelligent"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I understand that the Cameron has suggested that to give credibility to the coalition they take one word from 'Tory Party', probably 'Tory' and one word from 'Liberal Democrat Party', such as 'Party'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here