Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You won't take the mickey out of the East Stand singing now!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
WSU does sing, there's a good lot in block H I think. Not as much as the North, but we do sing. I'd be happy if we could be a bit more consistent though.

Yeah I'm in H block and we do sing quite a lot. I think the North could lead a bit more as we try and join in but as soon as we do the North has finished its 10 second song. Love it when the songs ripple along the WSU upper.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
The driving rain from the west and south-west will get the front rows of both ESU and ESL drenched.

The winter Sun will give a direct hit, and so Sunglasses Hut should do well for sales.

But it'll be great to hear a 3rd stand.

Be very surprised if anyone gets wet in the ESU. Must be a load of people moving out of the ESL to ESU, couldn't believe how shallow the angle of the stand is in the lower when I sat there recently. Great oppertunity for some late comers to bag some top seats next season if they applied to move.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yeah I'm in H block and we do sing quite a lot. I think the North could lead a bit more as we try and join in but as soon as we do the North has finished its 10 second song. Love it when the songs ripple along the WSU upper.

Yeah you lot are good. I'm in block I with my dad, and we like a bit of a song but not many around us. Always join in though.

That ripple effect really is wonderful as well, brilliant to hear.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The driving rain from the west and south-west will get the front rows of both ESU and ESL drenched.

The winter Sun will give a direct hit, and so Sunglasses Hut should do well for sales.

But it'll be great to hear a 3rd stand.

Lol....as I already sit in the east I know where the sun hits...and watched where it hits...and it won't b east upper....also..pretty certain the driving rain (none of which we have had this season)won't b hitting me six rows back in east upper .. But thanks for yur concern :)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Ye just just teasing u a bit...stadium acoustics do play a part..so sometimes it just does carry over to the east

Yeah the acoustics are weird, some of the away teams that get praise for being loud I barely hear. Maybe with them moving I'll get a better idea of how away support is sounding. I'll admit that I don't want to sing for the whole game (which is why I don't want to be in the North), but I do like a bit of a song and I'll happily keep going with the great escape all match. Might not be the most original, but it's got so much energy behind it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah the acoustics are weird, some of the away teams that get praise for being loud I barely hear. Maybe with them moving I'll get a better idea of how away support is sounding. I'll admit that I don't want to sing for the whole game (which is why I don't want to be in the North), but I do like a bit of a song and I'll happily keep going with the great escape all match. Might not be the most original, but it's got so much energy behind it.

neither do i want to chant/sing all game.....ye great escape was simply awesome ay the burnley game

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
We're the west stand
We're the north stand
We're the east stand
BRIGHTON BOYS

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think the acoustics will be much better when the east stand seating goes in and the whole stadium becomes enclosed, currently there's a gap and that probably makes a huge difference.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Can we rename the East Upper the Chicken run? Ah fond memories of the old crumbling Chicken Run at the Goldstone. Anyone know where it got that nickname from? Prob been on here before but I've no idea.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Yeah the West only know one song.

Albion......Albion.......Albion........Albion.

And they only sing that when the north bait them into it. ;)

Long live the North stand :D

Now, that's not fair. We quite enjoy it up in our eerie when circumstances justify us firing up with The Great Escape!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Lets hope so and wearing flat caps just like the old east terrace. The spirit of the East terrace would bring fantastic character back to the Albion.

The East Terrace was incredible. At the north end it was huge. And yet it never made a sound! Very, very occasionally you'd get a chant of 'Seagulls!' (usually towards the south end) but it really was just rows and rows of (usually) moany old men, muttering stuff under their breath or occasionally shouting abuse at one of our players. I soon got sick of them and moved to the North Stand...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have to say we do make a bit of noise in the East Stand, it's been a good call going there with the kids (but just outside the Family Stand on the Centre Line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here