Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You think YOU have problems with LI ?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
NO!!!!! But the existance of angels was based on the way Nýcky flew through the air to make reflex saves.

Now watch IT!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Easy 10 said:
Check out this reply on the "More nonsense from LDC" thread on the Argus forum, from 'Moon23'....

I don't think Camus was that great a thinker personally. His literary styles lack the coherent meta-physical framework (like those seen in the creation of Kant's synthetic aporia or Hegelian concepts of the Zietgeist). I don't personally have much time for the French deconstrucilists or existentialist movements, I think Nietzsche’s perspectivism and will to power cover most of this questions. Heidegger also lays most of the ground work for this philosophical movement

The exception is perhaps Sartre's ethics and argument for free-will. Existentialism is humanism is a good read.

:rolleyes:

See the frightening amount of BOLLOCKS I am exposed to throughout the working day now ? You lot don't know how lucky you are. I really do miss LI's uniquely condescending nature now.

(no offence LI - but I would love to see you in a right-royal SLAGFEST with this bloke)

:lolol:

What a load of bollocks.... Camus is the only 'existentialist' (not even sure if he counts) who made any sense at all. Although believing that he wouldn't die in a car crash if he didn't drive a car didn't work out too well for him did it?

Probably would have been the first international goalkeeper for an independent Algeria.... almost as much a tragedy to football as 1958.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Les Biehn said:
Wasn't Camus a goalkeeper? What is it with these intellectuals playing in goal, first Camus and now David James.

And me Les, and me! I was a highly rated young keeper* once and dazzled all my professors** as I stormed my way to my philosophy degree.

*Well, the worthing manager once called me the best 13year old keeper he'd seen. He was probably lying because I was on the same team as his son, but what the hell.

**Not strictly true. I was shit.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
doesn't think Camus was a great thinker?

What a wanker of the greatest order.

Let me have just 5 minutes with this wanker and I'll shove his Sartre up his dilettante arse.

grrrr.......:angry: :angry:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
as a philosophy graduate, i am fortunate enough to understand his point. that said, he is simply misguided. l'etranger is one of the greatest literary works ever.

Tesco in Disguise said:
as a philosophy graduate, i am fortunate enough to understand his point. that said, he is simply misguided. l'etranger is one of the greatest literary works ever.

The entire post was stupid from beginning to end, what is the point of comparing a 20th century novelist with the greatest philosophers of the 18th and 19th centuries? You might as well make the hugely controversial point that Tigers Woods isn't much of a footballer when compared with Pele, Maradona and Puskas.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
what he said.

The book reminded me of that woman from Brighton whose boyfriend was murdered in Oz. She didn't grieve as was expected by the tabloids ergo she was damned.

Also the plague as an allegory of German occupation of France is v. powerful.

and Camus was a true hero and man of action unlike all those froggy cafe pseuds like Sartre and his mistress whose name escapes me.

Simone de Beauvoir.

Camus certainly showed up Sartre during the latter part of the second world war (Sartre was a POW in the earlier part), but Camus became something of a man of inaction on the issue of Algeria, and this lessened his reputation somewhat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here