Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You lot who ring the phone in, You shouldn't bother as its a complete and utter joke.

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
larus said:
Don't get his problem; after all you were very polite in telling him to f*** off. :lolol:

Absolutely brilliant post, just like I was saying about callers, don't tell me you was one of them tonight? You must of been with a retarded post like that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Terrace Dandy said:
Exactly, That's why I cant understand some people. They have ample of time too get there questions in order and how to put it forward and when they come on it's like hearing a father reading his daughter a nursery rime.

I totally understand why you was caught like a rabbit.

Anyway, time for me to retire. Got too climb the wooden steps.

Night.

If you do ever decide to give us the benefit of your rapier like wit-I hope it will be of a standard of English that most primary school kids won't take offense at!

to instead of 'too'
'was caught like a rabbit' tch!
'ample time too get their point' tch!

Before you defend yoursellf-there is NO excuse for your appalling English. Criticise all you like but at least have the courtesy to criticise using proper English.

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
The reference to the LibDems setting fire to London Road Station (thus causing the Lewes-Brighton line to be closed and therefore preventing many Lewes based fans attending the march) was a JOKE at the Lib Dems expense !!!!

Pleae remember Bellotti was a Lib Dem MP and Norman Baker MP for Lewes is also of that ilk !!

Lighten up !!!

:smokin:

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
Bwian said:
If you do ever decide to give us the benefit of your rapier like wit-I hope it will be of a standard of English that most primary school kids won't take offense at!

to instead of 'too'
'was caught like a rabbit' tch!
'ample time too get their point' tch!

Before you defend yoursellf-there is NO excuse for your appalling English. Criticise all you like but at least have the courtesy to criticise using proper English.

Listen numbskull, have you ever thought for one moment that we've played a match tonight and most of us like a few beers and defiantly did after our fabulous win? so that would mean that we're a bit merry or pissed which results in our spelling to be somewhat complete shit and it's near impossible too focus one eye sight on the computer screen. only due too alcohol of course.

And I'm totally pissed and loving it.

Last edited:

I'd have to agree that the standard of 'English' displayed by TD here has NOT alluded to the critic having a decent enough command of it to have contributed positively.

If a poster is going to whinge about quality of contribution, surely said member should set a reasonable example in the language department.

Cut the crap, Terrace Dandy ! ???

Terrace Dandy said:
Listen numbskull, have you ever thought for one moment that we've played a match tonight and most of us like a few beers and defiantly did after our fabulous win? so that would mean that we're a bit merry or pissed which results in our spelling to be somewhat complete shit and it's near impossible too focus one eye sight on the computer screen. only due too alcohol of course.

TD is FG, QED !!:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
larus said:
easy, Easy.

Don't get his problem; after all you were very polite in telling him to f*** off. :lolol:
Well, perhaps the 'tosser' was a bit harsh in hindsight. But I stand by the rest of the post.

I come on here on a high from the result tonight, absolutely buzzing. I listened to the phone-in, heard the interviews with Kuipers and McGhee, heard the fans enthusing over the win, everyones thrilled.

Then I log on here and the first thing I see is a thread saying that the people who phoned in tonight were a joke and not to bother in future, calling the whole thing "shit" and "a load of drivel".

With the exception of Mike Ward, Harty is not speaking to professional journalists. He's not talking to expert analysers. Its just a fans phone in for christs sake. OK some of it is not particularly insightful, its just people expressing thoughts and opinions on the hoof - not as easy as it may seem when you know you're live on the radio. I thought Beach Hut came across ok considering he was caught on the hop. Superphil is consistantly one of the best callers Harty gets, always talks a lot of sense. And the rest is the usual kind of stuff you hear on any phone-in, local or national.

Terence, if you're expecting in-depth cutting edge analysis from a fans phone-in, then you are always going to be disappointed. But dissing the callers tonight, who at least kept to the subject and wern't gushing over how lovely John Byrne is, was out of order in my opinion.

I retract the 'tosser' remark, apols for that as your posts are usually well thought out and make for goods reading. But this thread - from its title - immediately rubbed me up the wrong way when I was in a mighty fine mood. All I'd say is try not to expect too much from a post-match phone in.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I too have consumed a fair amount but that doesn't make me a complete numbskull-in fact, I'd have to say that I'll leave the 'numbskulling' to those far more qualified!

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
NMH said:
I'd have to agree that the standard of 'English' displayed by TD here has NOT alluded to the critic having a decent enough command of it to have contributed positively.

If a poster is going to whinge about quality of contribution, surely said member should set a reasonable example in the language department.

Cut the crap, Terrace Dandy ! ???

Easy 10 seems a reasonable poster so does many other people on here but when they ring up they come across as juvenile idiots. Because ones spelling isn't adequate then people assume ones not fit too have an intellectual conversation on the phone in, by my reckoning it seems that people who cant spell seem to have a better input into topics in the phone in than people who can spell properly. Probably says why you never ring in for bell end.

I'm out of here.

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
If everyones so bothered about the spelling on here then get Bozza to put a f***ing spellchecker on the site!!! On couldnt give a monkeys what peoples spelling or grammer are like as long as I can make out what the post is about. If you want to slag off TD do it with reference to his posts and not his grammer, some of us havent been to school as recently as others and may have forgotten "Proper English" (me included).

I thank you.

:albion:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well said Chez, I agree.

For the record, the only people I pick up on for their spelling/grammar on here is the likes of croydonbloke, but that is because I feel an irresistable and unstoppable urge to belittle Palace fans at every opportunity. I just can't help it.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Terrace Dandy said:
Easy 10 seems a reasonable poster so does many other people on here but when they ring up they come across as juvenile idiots.

er isn't this the guy who physically had a go at another albion fan in the queue for play off tickets?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Basically the phones cocked up, 08459570057 was not working, hence the new number half way through. Colon had to think on his feet, almost as big an achievement as winning at Forest, only jesting Colon.
A night of two halves, a great Albion show on the pitch and a difficult phone in, apologies if it wasn't entertaining or slick Terrace Dandy, but we do our best and we're all Albion through and through.
Hopefully normal service will be resumed on Saturday, by the way thanks to Beach Hut for helping us out of the mire.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I tried to get on Saturday, but they didnt ring me back, ditto last night.

I will try again Saturday.

Harty made the point about the councils in the North being 100% behind all applications and suggesting Brighton Council were not. I was just going to contradict him on that point...and also moan about some twat rubbishing the Falmer bid and the money we had spent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
alan partridge said:
er isn't this the guy who physically had a go at another albion fan in the queue for play off tickets?
Who do you mean, me or Terence ?

I didn't even queue for my ticket !

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Isn't this Dwayne?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I would have loved to listen to the phone in last night. All I could get in Nottinghamshire was 6-0-6 which was full of bloody Chelsea fans. There were a few contradictory Forest fans who rang in - some saying they were spineless, others saying they were unlucky. Personally I thought a bit of both - they were second to every ball in the first half but second half they gave us a right good battering

Terrace Dandy said:
Easy 10 seems a reasonable poster so does many other people on here but when they ring up they come across as juvenile idiots. Because ones spelling isn't adequate then people assume ones not fit too have an intellectual conversation on the phone in, by my reckoning it seems that people who cant spell seem to have a better input into topics in the phone in than people who can spell properly. Probably says why you never ring in for bell end.

I'm out of here.

Er.....you can TELL that the people with the best phone input are the bad spellers, right? :lolol:

Er again....... I live and exist in another country, and although I have tried to call in to Harty before, I never did succeed in getting through internationally. It's also a bit of a bugger that I don't hear the radio to know what subject is tabled.
I might have a go now I'm visiting the exotic climes of England again, but bear in mind that I'll be going to several games so won't be available to call in then either.

A cross section of callers and opinion is expected in an open forum, on SCR as well as NSC. Do SCR listeners want to listen to a caller who just criticizes all the others? Perhaps there should be a separate show for that, with you as host TD.
You can have a good old :angry: and enthrall everyone with eloquence of expression and your quick-fire reparte (aka rapport). :yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here