Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know what we haven't played in a while? Mornington Crescent

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm wearing a tie (you'll have to take my word for it), and have not bought any Vidal Sassoon products this calander month, therefore I invoke the rule of Acropolis Swing to double it back to....GREEN PARK.

There are BEGINNERS here, Easy. You're like Messi coming in and showing off in a Sunday League match...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Blimey Dr NTNOCN that's a bit cruel. :nono:

I've checked it out and strangely, in such a normally convivial game, it IS allowed :eek:

I will NOT resort to such skullduggery...

ARNOS GROVE

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The usual ones.

Ah, just to clarify though, by "usual rules" that is of course the "usual rules" on a Thursday immediately after a reversible date (yesterday was 11/5/11) so it is the Copenhagen Variation. Yes?

Anyway, .... Waterloo East.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are BEGINNERS here, Easy. You're like Messi coming in and showing off in a Sunday League match...

Fair point. Its just I havn't had an opportunity to pull an Acropolis Swing for a good year or so now, so when the opportunity arose...

For all the good it did me anyway. With Finsbury Park coming out soon after I might just as well have gone Edgeware Road and taken the long way round to Angel.

But with that avenue now thoroughly disected, I'm going to shuffle the pack and set my suitcase down at BARONS COURT.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Heathrow T5.

...............And no, I haven't a clue what is going on either.

Really? It's a good move - if your aim was to drag the game out. It almost resets everything. I'll make a Pottinger-style switch though to BELSIZE PARK

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If I'm not mistaken we've almost reached total eclipse, something not seen since the epic comeback of '95. To keep things tasty I'll take a nudge towards:

COCKFOSTERS

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Have you all forgotten that it's Florence Nightingale's birthday today?

I'm only a beginner but I'm sure that means Crimean War rules apply and I can double-stamp (no switching) to Stepney Green.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Quick tot up of the scores three pages in:

Easy 10 leads with 12 points (Green Park did it for him), driller and Titanic and a close second on a joint 10. DTES 3rd with 8pts, I'll Get Me Coat, Set of Tracksuits and Biscuit of 7pts.

Heating up.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Set of T's... nice move that one... but can I suggest you have rather played into the hands of the more conservative types?

I want to open things up, BIG STYLEE, with a double-handed reverse into the northern quadrant...

CANADA WATER

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's been a while since I've seen a scoring game of MC - thanks to Biscuit for being George Doors.

And a Huge thanks to Titanic for allowing me to play Lord Hershings '78 overhead gripple to

Wimbledon

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bold and flamboyant as ever I see narley. That move has, however, left things wide open to a justifiable retracted U-turn deflection, opening up the entire Picadilly line and giving me carte-blanche on absolutely anything south of Covent Garden.

To which I am obviously going to choose KENNINGTON.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
WOOP WOOP to Easy!! Well spotted Sir, although I rather suspect your CARTE is less BLANCHE and rather more GRIS than you might like to imagine.

Looking to keep some flexibility in my mid-game strategy...

COLLIERS WOOD

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Bold and flamboyant as ever I see narley. That move has, however, left things wide open to a justifiable retracted U-turn deflection, opening up the entire Picadilly line and giving me carte-blanche on absolutely anything south of Covent Garden.

To which I am obviously going to choose KENNINGTON.

What! With Surrey playing away? I'll take the opportunity to close off the entire DLR and upshuffle to Stanmore. This is wide open now.

Edit: Damn you Titanic. I'll never get that DLR play again.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here