Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know what? I think we're going to be okay this season

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
brighton rock said:
brighton are going to strugle all season 5-6 new championship qualty players needed to be added to the squad and lots of dead wood needed to go.

that is an outrageous comment.

have u ever even seen us play?? do u know who albert jarrett is?? or molongo????

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
brighton rock said:
Malongo and Jarret will be playing fot the reserves by xmass they wont cut the mustard:eek:

Yes, that's right . . . :rolleyes:

. . . while you will have been relegated by Christmas :lolol:

Stumpy Tim

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Firstly, Mayo should have won player of the season last time in Div1 (strange as that may now sound!) Can't see Harding being as good but would love to be proved wrong

Secondly, Butters' positional sense is good but old fat boy is going to struggle against Div1 strikers, guaranteed

Thirdly, would rather have Kuipers over Roberts anyday, but I'm just splitting hairs here

fourthly, we struck gold with Sidwell and Ingar, no guarantees this will happen again

Fifth and most important, who do you see as the three teams that will be worse than us?

Though safeway is optimistic, I think you're being a bit pessimistic.

Mayo - player of the season??!! We weren't that shit! He was still slow & couldn't tackle.

There's no guarantee Butters will struggle. The plan for MM this season is to force the opposition to play the ball out wide, and not through the middle. If that works Butters will head the ball away all day. Our lack of pace at the back will be factored into the way we play

Kuipers & Roberts are the same I reckon, though Kuipers did make some poor errors during those 12 games - Watford away anyone?

Ingar was okay - he wasn't a gem IMO. Sidwell was class but didnt play all season for us. He joined when Coppell came & then Reading bought him. We also had some crap loans - Barrett? I'm sure MM will get in at least one or two dcent loan players.

Watford are pony, Burnley will struggle, Gillingham will struggle, Rotherham will struggle - especially if Ronnie Moore finally leaves, Derby have been shite for a while, QPR are struggling for cash. Also Plymouth don't have Sturrock anymore & once a new manager comes the team always plays well for a bit - their test will be when they start losing - then we'll see how they react.

I reckon Watford, Burnley & Gillingham will go down, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Plymouth go.

Oops. When I said Walsall I meant Crewe. :dunce:

Players aside, I think we also have to remember the difference in the managerial situation this time around. In Mark McGhee we've got someone who's been there and done it, and has been in charge for a while. Compare that to last time when we had an absolute CLOWN in charge. There's no way we're going to lose twelve games in a row this time (hopefully).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Turkey said:

Watson/Virgo - Unconvinced.

Come on Turkey. Give it up mate. Watson played well in the two championship years but lost in completely in the first division and we have a younger, quicker, stronger right back who can actually tackle in Virgo.

For the record I echo everything Safeway has said in this thread.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Turkey said:
Watson/Virgo - Unconvinced.

Unconvinced as to whether or not Virgo is better than WATSON?

Do you go to matches?

;)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not saying Watson is great. We haven't seen that much from Virgo yet though. He's done well but he's still young and has a lot to prove.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Has he? He's earned himself cult status for sure. I've always felt Watson has been under-rated and at the moment maybe Virgo is over-rated. All I'm saying is that it's not clear cut.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Stumpy Tim said:
Though safeway is optimistic, I think you're being a bit pessimistic.

Mayo - player of the season??!! We weren't that shit! He was still slow & couldn't tackle.

There's no guarantee Butters will struggle. The plan for MM this season is to force the opposition to play the ball out wide, and not through the middle. If that works Butters will head the ball away all day. Our lack of pace at the back will be factored into the way we play

Kuipers & Roberts are the same I reckon, though Kuipers did make some poor errors during those 12 games - Watford away anyone?

Ingar was okay - he wasn't a gem IMO. Sidwell was class but didnt play all season for us. He joined when Coppell came & then Reading bought him. We also had some crap loans - Barrett? I'm sure MM will get in at least one or two dcent loan players.

Watford are pony, Burnley will struggle, Gillingham will struggle, Rotherham will struggle - especially if Ronnie Moore finally leaves, Derby have been shite for a while, QPR are struggling for cash. Also Plymouth don't have Sturrock anymore & once a new manager comes the team always plays well for a bit - their test will be when they start losing - then we'll see how they react.

I reckon Watford, Burnley & Gillingham will go down, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Plymouth go.

i agree with you on everything apart from the keepers and plymouth, i think qpr have more chance of going down than them
plus roberts is better

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
like it safeway....im in total agreement we have a proven 1st div sorry championship manager who worked miracles with millwall brought through alot young players on a limited budget...i think he will steer us to just below mid table

i think we will suprise a good many teams this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here