Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

you gotta be old to remember these

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I seem to remember that David Turner was a pretty good player?

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
great memories, walked to the ground with Howard Wilkinson for one game talking to me and Dad all the way up Sackville Road to the Goldstone , some very good players there , Napiers, Henderson, Shirley Templeman- and as the North Stand used to sing ' La La La Livesey , god it takes me back to clouds of fag smoke drifting up into the floodlights at evening games, the smell of one old guys Clan pipe tobacco , proper all white ball glistening on the center spot at kick off, scarves.......... ooops im away in old Bha memory paradise... and as a 9/10yr old
"Proper coloured" balls were brown!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
He used to actually come and sit on the wall when his team was up the other end and have a talk with the fans. Can you imagine that nowadays ? Unbelievable.

I'd like to see Ankergren do that at the family stand at Withdean. Then sprint across the track, leap the steeplechase pit and the long jump to get back in goal before flopping on a simple back pass.

My first game was 1969 and the likes of Henderson, Templeman and the Napiers were fixtures in the side.
"Who hits the corner? Who hits the corner?"

My old man would always park the other side of Hove Park up by the Engineerium and walk to the ground, hoping the queue wasn't going to be too long to pay to get in the North Stand. We'd need to be there by 2pm

My most vivid memory was my first evening match against Bradford City. Amazed at their amber and maroon colours under the lights and the excitement of watching a game in the dark.

Don't ask me what I did last week though, nor what I'm doing next week. Can't remember. Must be old.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
This was a good team to watch.Tranter and Turner were excellent,Charlie Livesey a real character.As for the Napier "twins",well nobody got past John,and nobody could stop Kit from scoring.Add to that the wonderfully anagramatical Brian Tawse and you had a team worth the entry money.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Blimey - we sang "Ooh - it's a corner".

:lol::lol: OMG - this eight year old sand Who?

That's made me laugh. You hear people talking about mis heard lyrics in well known songs, and I've always thought it was Who? all these years. Silly old sod. :lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here