algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Come on, that was funny!! :D

No, it was small minded bigotry, and would get you banned from most sensible forums. It was about as funny as seeing a pile up. The fact that you edited it in after your original post means it was entirely pre-meditated, too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
MYOB this whole thread was done to wind up Brighton fans by a sad individual. Don't dignify it.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
That makes me a bigot to because i refuse to put my tool between a pair of cheeks:dunce:

No, it makes you a bigot because you refuse to recognise that sexual orientation is congenital*, and attempt to make yourself "big" by slagging off a minority, just as you slag off many more in some vain attempt to ingratiate yourself with a large group of troglodytes.

*bad choice of word, I know, but its the only one I can think of that means "something you're born with and can't change"...

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
No, it makes you a bigot because you refuse to recognise that sexual orientation is congenital*, and attempt to make yourself "big" by slagging off a minority, just as you slag off many more in some vain attempt to ingratiate yourself with a large group of troglodytes.

*bad choice of word, I know, but its the only one I can think of that means "something you're born with and can't change"...

And you slagging off Palace fans is Ok is it?

Definition of bigot is something like prejudiced person who doesn't tolorate different opinions. That makes YOU just as bad as me does it not?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
And you slagging off Palace fans is Ok is it?

Definition of bigot is something like prejudiced person who doesn't tolorate different opinions. That makes YOU just as bad as me does it not?

Major difference:

You can easily choose not to be a Palace fan - considering you had to choose one to be one in the first place.

You can't choose to be or not be gay.

Trying to defend your position by comparing it to the incomparable is one of the weakest defences possible. As it happens, I can more than tolerate Palace fans; however - it appears you can't tolerate gays.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Major difference:

You can easily choose not to be a Palace fan - considering you had to choose one to be one in the first place.

Trying to defend your position by comparing it to the incomparable is one of the weakest defences possible. As it happens, I can more than tolerate Palace fans; however - it appears you can't tolerate gays.

So if a muslim geezer turns round to you and says that homosexuality is a sin as it's stated in the Koran then every muslim in the world is a bigot because of what they believe in? I'm not religious but does that mean i'm not allowed an opinion?

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Major difference:

Well maybe its me but I dont think you choose your football team. I certainly didn't, it just happened. So I think you can compare the two.

This could open a massive can of worms though really as to what you choose to do and what you cant stop. There must be so many examples where people seem to have valid arguments. murderers for example.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So if a muslim geezer turns round to you and says that homosexuality is a sin as it's stated in the Koran then every muslim in the world is a bigot because of what they believe in? I'm not religious but does that mean i'm not allowed an opinion?

Yes. You're allowed an opinion, but your opinion is making you a bigot. And a criminal if you continue down the path you're taking, at least in Ireland. As goes what a "muslim geezer" would say, I know two, both of which don't follow the Koran, and thats it.

Well maybe its me but I dont think you choose your football team. I certainly didn't, it just happened. So I think you can compare the two.

How the hell do you think I'm supporting the Albion? :thud:

There are entire teams who's support base is made up of people who chose to support them over the local or parental option (and I sure as hell don't want to be a Spurs fan). They may be disliked ones (Chelsea, United, to a lesser extent Liverpool) but they exist and are VERY big.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Yes. You're allowed an opinion, but your opinion is making you a bigot. And a criminal if you continue down the path you're taking, at least in Ireland. As goes what a "muslim geezer" would say, I know two, both of which don't follow the Koran, and thats it.

There are entire teams who's support base is made up of people who chose to support them over the local or parental option (and I sure as hell don't want to be a Spurs fan). They may be disliked ones (Chelsea, United, to a lesser extent Liverpool) but they exist and are VERY big.

Yeah but come on who the hell is gonna choose to support Palace, surely Palace fans didn't have a choice!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

I think you will find your opinion is in a very small minority.The word bigot and racist is used to much these days by the liberals.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I think you will find your opinion is in a very small minority.The word bigot and racist is used to much these days by the liberals.

My opinion being that you're a bigot? Not even on NSC is that a minority, and we have a slight infestation of people with far-right views.

My opinion being that there's absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality? I don't know about the UK, but that's been the case here since the early 1990s at the very latest. I suspect the situation is identical in the UK.

If you think its in any way different, I'd suggest you pop your head out of your little BNP box and in to the real world for a while - you might be surprised.

And as goes the use of the words - people who spread hate against others for specific views are bigots, and people who spread hate against a specific race or races are racists. Are you unable to understand these words? They're used by "liberals" only in circumstances where they're entirely true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here