Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are getting married and.....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Horton and Lawrenson for sure. Lawro probably the best player to ever play for the club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
...you want to name the 10 tables after Brighton legends. Who do you choose?

My current selection are:

Zamora (head table)
Murray
Poyet
Ward
Nelson
Cullip
Kuipers
Byrne
Foster
Reinelt

(and this is happening for real by the way!)

LOL - I did exactly this fo rmy wedding a few yrs back. Chose players who meant something to me if I remember rightly. Off the top of my head:

Zamora - Top Table
Ward
Adams
Cullip
Virgo
Kuipers
Walker
Foster

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Ward
Knight
Bloom
Zamora
Gritt
Case
Kuipers
Oatway
Webb (he DID score the goal to win our only national cup)
Reinelt

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My sister and brother-in-law did this at their wedding in 2003, they mainly took players from the squad at the time with Zamora being the obvious choice for top table (I think it was just before he left for Spurs), but also put in a couple of notable former players including Reinelt and Ward.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I got married on the same day as the first game at Withdean - we scored 6 and the updates came through via my cousin. Thought I'd share that fact. Good idea re the names. You may end up having to invite a few extra guests though just to get all the legends in.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Webb
Cook
Napier
O'Sullivan
Ward
Horton
Lawrenson
Nelson
Zamora
Poyet

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
We did this at our wedding last year, got to be better than Table 1, Table 2 etc surely? Missus is half Albion, half Gooner though so tried to have some tables with links between the two for her family - Brady, Gatting etc. Can't remember many others, seems like a long time ago already!

Zamora (head table)
Murray
Poyet
Ward
Nelson
Cullip
Kuipers
Byrne
Foster
Reinelt

None of these people are legends, not even if you mean Burt Murray (I saw him play!) Let's reserve this term for those who deserve it, such as Sir Nat Lofthouse.

The Farrington Table - for the singles you know who have no chance if scoring
:laugh:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ward
Knight
Bloom
Zamora
Gritt
Case
Kuipers
Oatway
Webb (he DID score the goal to win our only national cup)
Reinelt

Post 27 before Charlie Webb gets a mention. Bloody disgrace that it took that long. Not only did he score our goal in the Charity Shield (not actually a cup!) he played and then managed the club for about 47 years.

None of these people are legends, not even if you mean Burt Murray (I saw him play!) Let's reserve this term for those who deserve it, such as Sir Nat Lofthouse.

:laugh:

Comical. The thread is about Albion legends and correct me if I'm wrong, Nat Lofthouse never played for the Albion and therefore fails to qualify.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here